Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model – Day 20
Today’s theme or topic is titled “Straight talk“! I found a devotional that was a bit longer and that sounded powerful as a message so that it could help us learn and become the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So I chose “Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model” because, over 21 days, we will get to read and learn about how to be a positive Christian role model for our family! Over 21 days, we will get to learn about topics like: “self-discipline, love, patience, and much more
! This devotional will not only help us be the dads but it will also help us “in our day-to-day life to show our children what it truly means to be a role model and follower of Christ in every sense“.
Scripture for today’s Devotional:
‘Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. ‘James 1:2-8
God’s Word is active and alive! Scripture is the holy inspired Word of God! The Holy Spirit used men to pen God’s Word that for generations there would be a foundation of truth for us to build our lives upon!
We know that in this world we will face troubles and that we can take heart because Jesus has overcome the world! Now that we have this as a fact, how we respond when we are faced with trials and troubles is the key! Today’s scripture tells us that we should be the dads who consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds! We should be the dads who know that the testing of our faith produces perseverance! We should be the dads who allow perseverance to finish its work so that we can be mature and complete, lacking nothing! We should be the dads who when we are lacking wisdom ask God because we know that He gives wisdom generously to all without finding fault! We should be the dads who are asking God believing and without a doubt because we know that we can trust Him and expect Him to answer us! Let’s be the dads who walk by faith and not by sight, speaking life and love into the lives of our wives and kids so that they won’t doubt and be like a wave in the sea, blown and tossed around by the wind! Let’s be the dads who walk by faith and not by sight, speaking life and love into the lives of our wives and kids so that they won’t be worried or afraid to miss out on receiving from God! Let’s be the dads who aren’t double-minded and unstable but rather men of God who stand on His Word and believe His promises so that we can be stable, standing firm and wearing the full armor of God!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Zondervan!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible for more details.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Let’s be sensitive to the Holy Spirit who is our encourager!
- Let’s be the dads who lean into God when we face trials to help us endure and complete the process so that we can be complete and lacking nothing!
- Let’s be the dads who won’t give up but rather will press in and pay the price of perseverance!
- Let’s be the dads who choose to live life “with steadfast determination and resolve, persistence and tenacity“!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give up or give in because of the types of trials we face, instead let’s grab hold of today’s scripture and consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give up when faced with failure!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give up when faced with frustration!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give up when faced with sickness!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give up when faced with loss!
- Let’s be the dads who don’t give up when faced with defeat!
- Let’s be the dads who consider it pure joy when we face failure, frustration, sickness, loss, and defeat (trials of many kinds)!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives with the end goal in mind of being complete and lacking nothing!
- Let’s be the dads who focus on the goal and don’t give up or get stuck in the trials of today!
- Today’s devotional closes on this subject as follows:
- “Similarly, experiencing “pure joy” while “facing trials of many kinds” is only possible with an artist’s rendering of “mature and complete” close by. The sledgehammer isn’t quite as annoying and intrusive if you keep that great-looking wallpaper in mind.“
- “This brings a whole new meaning to the expression “straight talk,” doesn’t it?“