Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model – Day 21
Three weeks, 21 days, a devotional just for dads, and today we bring it to a close. I found a devotional that was a bit longer and that sounded powerful as a message so that it could help us learn and become the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So I chose “Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model” because, over 21 days, we will get to read and learn about how to be a positive Christian role model for our family! Over 21 days, we will get to learn about topics like: “self-discipline, love, patience, and much more! This devotional will not only help us be the dads but it will also help us “in our day-to-day life to show our children what it truly means to be a role model and follower of Christ in every sense“.
Some “Be The Dads” activities are coming up and so there is going to be a shortage of posts heading into the weekend as I will be offline and doing devotionals from books and writing things up on paper and so I will look to catch up when I return and fill in the gaps of what I learned and what God spoke and taught me. We’ll have a couple more days of posts and then don’t worry if nothing appears till Tuesday. Blessings.
Scripture associated with Today’s Devotional:
‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. ‘John 1:1-9
God gave us His Word, a love letter from our Heavenly Father, Scripture that is God-breathed, so that we are never without an instruction manual, never without guidance, never without a foundation on which to build our lives!
Jesus was, is, and always will be. Let’s be the dads who grab hold of who Jesus is! Let’s be the dads who grab hold of the reality of God through today’s scripture! Let’s be the dads who believe God at His Word! Let’s be the dads who believe that the universe had a beginning! Let’s be the dads who believe that God has always existed and created the universe! Let’s be the dads who believe that Jesus is God from the very beginning! Let’s be the dads who believe that Jesus wasn’t a created being but rather was and is God! Let’s be the dads who believe that the universe was created by design, by God who is an intelligent creator! Let’s be the dads who believe that Jesus was a part of the creation, He isn’t and wasn’t an angel, a man, or a formed being, He is God! Let’s be the dads who believe that Jesus as God has always existed rather than being created like the things of the universe! Let’s be the dads who believe that Jesus is the giver of eternal life! Let’s be the dads who believe Jesus is the light, who shines into the darkness, revealing the sins of the world and offering Himself as the ultimate sacrifice to make a way for us to spend eternity with Him through faith! Let’s be the dads who choose to live in the light because it comforts and guides us! Let’s be the dads who avoid living in the shadows but instead choose to live in the light that is Jesus! Let’s be the dads who choose to reflect the light of Jesus into this dark world! Let’s be the dads who in dark seasons of history choose to shine brighter! Let’s be the dads who in dark seasons of history choose to overcome darkness with light rather than allowing darkness to try to overwhelm the light, the light of Jesus that is in us! Let’s be the dads who understand the gospel of Jesus and help other to understand it when they misunderstand it! Let’s be the dads who realize when we miss the mark, we sin, and turn back to God and repent fo what we have done! Let’s be the dads who can see the sins and look to Jesus to help us get back on track and forgiven! Let’s be the dads who share the hope and love of Jesus into this world! Let’s be the dads who realize that there is good and evil in this world! Let’s be the dads who realize there is knowledge and ignorance or unawareness and help people to come to the knowledge of Jesus! Let’s be the dads who witness to who Jesus is, what Jesus has and is doing in our lives, and how Jesus has transformed our lives! Let’s be the dads who help soften people’s hearts, preparing them to receive Jesus into their lives! Let’s be the dads who share the hope, the love, and the reality of Jesus with the world around us! Let’s be the dads who know that Jesus is the true light! Let’s be the dads who know that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life and our one road to eternity with God! Let’s be the dads who point people to the way! Let’s be the dads who point people to the truth! Let’s be the dads who point people to the life!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Zondervan!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible for more details.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
“Get out of the way“
- Let’s be the dads who walk in alignment with the Spirit in order to help keep things on track and on schedule!
- Let’s be the dads who walk with the Spirit so as to ensure we are living and doing at the right place at the right time!
- Let’s be the dads who know the realities of life and aren’t living lives naïvely, but rather with and in the wisdom of the Holy Spirit!
- Let’s be the dads who realize it isn’t all about us and as such choose to serve others!
- Let’s be the dads who win people to Jesus by serving them, with a servants heart, with servant humility, and with servant leadership!
- Let’s be the dads who are gracious and thankful!
- Let’s be the dads who aren’t looking for the spotlight but rather are pointing the spotlight at Jesus!
- Let’s be the dads who are doing the job of “lovingly confront, courageously challenge, then be invisible, allowing God to do what only He can do“!
- Let’s be the dads who do this for our wives, our kids, our workplace, our neighborhood, and our home!
- Let’s be the dads who live our lives as Christ’s Ambassadors!
- Let’s pause and consider the closing of this devotional when it says:
- “We are Christ’s ambassadors. He has not asked us to set policy, stand before the microphones, or even try through our own wisdom and creativity to convince people of their need for a Savior. His charge is a pretty simple one: tenderly challenge people by the example of our own lives to live righteously, be ready to tell others of our love for Christ and His amazing grace, and then let God do the work.“
- “Prepare the way, declare the way, and then get out of the way. God is very good at what He does.“