Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model – Day 19
Today’s theme or topic is titled “Stop“! I found a devotional that was a bit longer and that sounded powerful as a message so that it could help us learn and become the dads God created and purposed for us to be. So I chose “Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model” because, over 21 days, we will get to read and learn about how to be a positive Christian role model for our family! Over 21 days, we will get to learn about topics like: “self-discipline, love, patience, and much more
! This devotional will not only help us be the dads but it will also help us “in our day-to-day life to show our children what it truly means to be a role model and follower of Christ in every sense“.
Today’s Devotional Scripture:
‘But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. ‘Psalms 131:2
As we prepare for today it is important to turn to God’s Word that is active and alive to capture the message, the words, and the direction the Holy Spirit desires for us to pick up.
Let’s be the dads who aren’t flustered or nervous but have cast our cares on God so that we can be calmed and quieted! Let’s be the dads who aren’t stressed or worried but instead are content and have allowed the peace of God that surpasses all understanding to guard our hearts and minds!
Today’s devotional has been provided by Zondervan!
Reading through today’s devotional, here are some takeaways for me:
(check out the devotional on your own too to see if you pick up other nuggets, and please share your findings in the comments)
For more information, please visit Just For Dads: Be A Positive Christian Role Model | Devotional Reading Plan | YouVersion Bible for more details.
Takeaways from Today’s Devotional:
- Ever been going to hard for too long?
- Ever burned the candle on all four ends? That’s right I said 4. Most people think about burning candles on both ends right? Well, after some health issues I realized that to do more I had inadvertently lit the middle now having my candle of life burning on all 4 ends.
- Ever been faced with a medical awake call that made you realize you need to change?
- Ever been faced with a medical awake call that made you realize you need to adjust?
- Ever been faced with a medical awake call that made you realize you need to stop?
- For me, it caused a reprioritization exercise of what was I allowing to cause this to happen.
- For me, it caused a realization of what I was doing and how I was living out of alignment with my priorities.
- For me, it caused me to look at all areas and aspects of my life and figure out what had to stop and what had to change.
- For me, it caused me to realign what I was doing to align with my true priorities of God, Wife/Marriage, Kids/Family, and everything else was after that.
- For me, it cause me to make some pretty big changes in where and how I served, where and how I worked and making sure that I wasn’t running on 4 hours of sleep a night for the following quarter like I had been doing in the previous one.
- Ever receive a wake-up call that told you that you needed to stop like what happened in today’s devotional?
- Are you in need of a touch from God to help you heal?
- Heal physically?
- Heal mentally?
- Heal emotionally?
- Heal spiritually?
- Are you ready to give your life into God’s hands and allow Him to heal you and make you complete?
- Today’s devotional was big as it shares what happened to the author of the devotional we are going through and how he responded.
- Reflect on how you are living!
- Reflect on if you are living balanced!
- Reflect if you are living healthy!
- Reflect if you are living in alignment with your priorities!
- Today’s devotional closes with this: