What are you going through today, what time is it for you? If you still have breath, then don’t lose hope for God is not done with you yet. Are you choosing to live your life in the palm of God’s hand and doing all that He has created, purposed, and called you to be? Will you trust God right where you are at knowing that He’s never late, rarely early, and always right on time?
I can’t think of a better place to turn and consider this truth that to God’s Word:
The concept of God’s perfect timing is a recurring theme in the Bible, and there are several examples that illustrate this principle. Here are three examples along with applications for living in God’s perfect timing:
Time to be patient and faithful: Abraham and Sarah (Genesis 18:10-14):
Scripture: “Then the Lord said, ‘I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.’ Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him.”
Application: Trusting in God’s perfect timing involves patience and faith. Abraham and Sarah waited many years for the fulfillment of God’s promise of a son. In our lives, we may also face situations where we need to wait for God’s timing. The key is to remain faithful, patient, and obedient to God’s word, even when the fulfillment of His promises seems delayed.
Time to prepare: Joseph’s Imprisonment and Promotion (Genesis 39-41):
Scripture: Joseph endured betrayal by his brothers, false accusations, and imprisonment. However, at the appointed time, God elevated him to a position of authority in Egypt, second only to Pharaoh.
Application: God’s timing often involves preparation. During difficult times, it’s crucial to remain faithful and use those experiences to grow and develop. In due season, God can turn our trials into triumphs. Living in God’s perfect timing means trusting His plan, even when circumstances seem bleak, and continuing to honor Him with our actions.
Time for God’s grand narrative of redemption: The Birth of Jesus (Galatians 4:4-5):
Scripture: “But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.”
Application: The arrival of Jesus at the perfect time in history demonstrates God’s sovereignty. God’s timing is not only about our individual lives but also about the grand narrative of redemption. Living in God’s perfect timing involves recognizing that He is orchestrating events on a larger scale for His purposes. It encourages us to align our lives with God’s overarching plan and to participate in His redemptive work in the world.
In summary, these biblical examples teach us to trust, wait with patience, remain faithful during trials, use challenging times for growth, and recognize that God’s timing is perfect not only in our lives but also in the broader context of His divine plan.
He has made everything beautiful and appropriate in its time. He has also planted eternity [a sense of divine purpose] in the human heart [a mysterious longing which nothing under the sun can satisfy, except God]—yet man cannot find out (comprehend, grasp) what God has done (His overall plan) from the beginning to the end.Ecclesiastes 3:11 AMP
So, let’s be dads who wait on God’s timing, recognizing He makes everything beautiful in its time. Let’s understand He planted a divine purpose, a mysterious longing only satisfied by God, not the world. And let’s not be confused by worldly distractions; instead, let’s lean into God’s plan, realizing we can’t fully comprehend His overall design.
How can we put today’s verse of the day into practice in order to be the dads our wives and kids need? What does it mean to us to help us live up to the calling of God on our lives that will help us to live our lives to the full in order that God will receive the praise, honor, and glory?
Applications of Ecclesiastes 3:11 for dads who want to be the dads our wives, kids, and world need for the glory of God:
- Cultivate Patience: Embrace the truth that God makes everything beautiful in its time. Be patient in your parenting journey, allowing God’s timing to unfold in your relationship with your children.
- Trust God’s Timing in Parenting: Trust that God has planted a divine purpose in your heart as a father. Rely on His guidance and timing in making decisions for your family and raising your children.
- Lean on God in Confusion: When faced with confusion or challenges, lean into God’s wisdom. Understand that human understanding is limited, but God’s plan is perfect. Seek His guidance in all aspects of fatherhood.
- Teach Eternal Values: Recognize the eternal aspect of God’s plan and purpose. As a dad, focus on instilling values in your children that have eternal significance, helping them understand their divine purpose.
- Prioritize Spiritual Growth: Acknowledge the mysterious longing in the human heart for something beyond the temporal. Foster an environment of spiritual growth in your family, prioritizing faith and relationship with God.
- Be Present in Each Season: Understand that there is a time for every season. Be present and engaged in each stage of your children’s lives, recognizing that God has a purpose for every moment.
- Encourage Hope: Share the hope that comes from Ecclesiastes 3:11 with your family. Help your children understand that God is in control, and there is beauty in every season of life.
- Model Faithfulness: Model faithfulness and trust in God’s timing through your own life. Show your children what it looks like to rely on God’s plan and trust that He is working all things for good.
- Seek God in Decision-Making: When making decisions for your family, seek God’s guidance. Trust that He knows the beginning from the end and is leading you in paths that align with His overall plan.
- Live for God’s Glory: Ultimately, live your life as a dad for the glory of God. Recognize that God’s timing is part of His overarching plan for His glory. Strive to honor God in your role as a father, seeking His approval above all else.
So, let’s align our lives and the way we choose to live them with God’s perfect timing in order to fulfill His calling upon our lives.