As we close in on Christmas, it’s a time to find and be filled with joy and peace. We need a source! It’s something that shouldn’t be a once in a year type of thing but something that lasts throughout the year. To have it you need to find it and receive it. To keep it you need to be filled with it continuously. We need to a source that can pour into us throughout the year in order to walk out our lives with joy and peace.
God as our source of joy and peace:
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” – Romans 15:13
- “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” – Isaiah 26:3
- “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.” – Philippians 4:4
God as our continuous source that pours joy and peace into us:
- “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” – Psalm 28:7
- “For you make him most blessed forever; you make him glad with the joy of your presence.” – Psalm 21:6
- “You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.” – Psalm 4:7
- “And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.” – Isaiah 35:10
Firstly, let’s be the dads who have a living relationship with God through Jesus who gives us hope and fills us up to overflowing! Secondly, let’s be the dads who allow this hope of God and from God to fill us to overflowing with joy that we are able to pour into the lives of the ones around us! Finally, let’s be the dads who are filled with the hope of God that brings us peace that we can walk in and share with others, believing through the experience of your faith that by the power of the Holy Spirit you will abound in hope and overflow with confidence in His promises!
How can we apply today’s verse of the day to help us be the dads our wives and kids need? What can we take from it and put into practice to help us live our lives up to the calling of God so that He will receive the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’ name?
Applications of Romans 15:13 that will help us live up to the calling of God by meeting the needs of our wives and kids and glorifying Him:
- Cultivate a Personal Relationship with God:
- Spend time daily in prayer and reading the Bible to deepen your connection with God. The more rooted you are in Him, the more His joy and peace can overflow into your family.
- Lead by Example:
- Demonstrate a joyful and peaceful spirit in your own life. Your actions speak louder than words, and your family will be influenced by the way you handle challenges with hope and faith.
- Encourage Family Worship:
- Foster a spiritual atmosphere at home by engaging in family worship. This can include reading the Bible together, praying as a family, and sharing experiences of God’s faithfulness.
- Teach the Importance of Faith:
- Help your family understand the significance of faith in God. Share stories of His goodness and faithfulness, both in your personal life and throughout biblical history.
- Foster an Atmosphere of Gratitude:
- Encourage gratitude by regularly expressing thanks for the blessings you have as a family. A thankful heart contributes to a joyful and peaceful home.
- Promote Acts of Kindness:
- Teach your family the joy of giving by engaging in acts of kindness together. This could involve serving others in your community or simply showing love and generosity within your own household.
- Address Challenges with Faith:
- When facing difficulties, approach them with faith and trust in God’s promises. Share your reliance on Him with your family, demonstrating that challenges are opportunities for growth and dependence on God.
- Prioritize Quality Time:
- Spend intentional, quality time with your wife and children. Building strong relationships within your family contributes to an atmosphere of love and security.
- Create a Culture of Hope:
- Discuss dreams, aspirations, and goals as a family. Cultivate an environment where hope for the future is based on the belief in God’s guidance and provision.
- Seek the Guidance of the Holy Spirit:
- Rely on the Holy Spirit for wisdom, patience, and discernment in your role as a father. Trust that the Spirit will empower you to lead your family in a way that reflects God’s love.
Let’s put these principles into actions so that we can contribute to a household filled with the joy and peace that comes from a deep, abiding faith in God!