We are awake knowing that every breath we breath is from God. What will your response of faith be as you start the day, how about when you get halfway through, what about as it closes out? Will you live in the joy unspeakable that won’t go away? With just enough strength to make it through today, will you lean in and trust God and pursue His purpose and plan for your life? Will you choose to count on God?
Let’s pause and consider as we listen to a song:
Response: Don’t go it alone! God calls us to love one another!
Firstly, let’s be the dads who invite our wives, our kids, and our world to join us as we head into the Christmas season to make a joyful noise and praise God! Additionally, let’s be the dads who don’t go it alone but instead invite everyone God brings into our lives to sing shouts of joyful praise to God! Therefore, let’s be the dads who shout to God with cries of joy!
O clap your hands, all you people; Shout to God with the voice of triumph and songs of joy.Psalms 47:1 AMP
Therefore, let’s be the dads who realize that we are a part of “all you people” and so choose to clap our hands! Additionally, let’s be the dads who realize that our wives and kids are part of “all you people” and so invite them to join us in clapping our hands and shouting to God with joy! Moreover, let’s be the dads who invite everyone we can because we know that they are also a part of “all you people” so that we can all come together and shout to God with the voice of triumph and songs of joy.
What does that mean or look like and how can we take today’s verse of the day and put it into practice in order to help us in meeting the needs of our wives and kids? How can put God’s Word into action in a way that will bring God the glory?
Applications of Psalms 47:1 that help us to have the right response no matter what comes our way so that we can meet the needs of our wives and kids and point everyone we encounter towards God so that He receive the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’ name:
- Start the Day with Praise:
- Begin each day with intentional praise and thanksgiving to God. Acknowledge His sovereignty and express gratitude for the breath of life.
- Involve Your Family in Worship:
- Encourage your family to join you in praising God. Create a home environment where worship is a natural and joyful part of your daily routine.
- Lead by Example:
- Demonstrate a lifestyle of praise and joy. Let your actions and attitude reflect your faith in God, inspiring your family to follow suit.
- Celebrate Victories:
- Acknowledge and celebrate the triumphs and blessings in your life, both big and small. Share these moments with your family, attributing the victories to God’s goodness.
- Navigate Challenges with Faith:
- When faced with challenges, approach them with a spirit of triumph and trust in God’s plan. Use difficulties as opportunities to lean on God and grow in faith.
- Encourage Joyful Expression:
- Foster an atmosphere of joy and expression in your home. Encourage your family to use their talents and voices to praise God, creating a vibrant and worshipful environment.
- Share Scripture and Devotion:
- Regularly incorporate the reading of Bible verses, including Psalms 47:1, into your family devotion time. Discuss its significance and relevance to daily life.
- Extend the Invitation:
- Actively invite others to join your family in praising God. Be inclusive and welcoming, recognizing that everyone is a part of the broader community that can shout to God with joy.
- Express Gratitude Toward Your Family:
- Communicate your appreciation for your wife and kids. Recognize their unique qualities and contributions, attributing the goodness in your family life to God’s grace.
- Pray for Joy and Unity:
- Dedicate time to pray for joy, unity, and a spirit of praise in your family. Seek God’s guidance in leading your family in a way that glorifies Him.
Response has to be committed and consistent:
Remember that living out Psalms 47:1 is an ongoing process that requires commitment and consistency. By integrating these applications into your daily life, you can contribute to meeting the needs of your family and be a shining example of God’s love and joy to everyone you encounter.