As we begin today, we need to pause and consider what it is in our hand and why do we hold firmly to it. Are you holding onto something that is temporary and should be held with an open hand so you can be used as a conduit for God? Is what you are holding onto so tightly something that will last and help you in your journey to eternity? If we are to hold onto something firmly then we need to make sure it is the right thing and for the right reason or will be left holding the rope for the wrong reason and have to deal with the consequences.
Hold Firmly to:
“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses”.
“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love”.
Hold lightly to:
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal”.
Therefore, let’s be the dads who know what we believe in and who has promised life to the full to us. Additionally, let’s be the dads who seize and hold tightly the confession of our hope without wavering. Finally, let’s be the dads who can hold firmly because we know that He who promised is reliable and trustworthy and faithful to His word.
How can we apply today’s verse of the day towards being the dads our wives and kids need us to be? What can we grasp from it to help us live up to the calling as dads so that God can receive the praise, honor, and glory in Jesus’ name?
Applications of Hebrews 10:23 towards being the dads who hold firmly to the right and most important things:
- Model Unwavering Faith:
- Demonstrate a steadfast and unwavering faith in God. Let your children see your trust in Him through both challenging and joyous times.
- Teach the Confession of Hope:
- Share with your family the hope found in Jesus Christ. Teach them the importance of confessing this hope with confidence and assurance.
- Prioritize Eternal Values:
- Emphasize the significance of eternal values over temporary pleasures. Guide your family to focus on treasures in heaven rather than material possessions on earth.
- Live a Life of Love:
- Practice and exemplify love in your daily interactions. Show your family the enduring and sacrificial love that mirrors God’s love for us.
- Guard Against Worldly Distractions:
- Be vigilant against the distractions and deceitfulness of worldly pleasures. Lead your family in prioritizing spiritual growth over material pursuits.
- Encourage Each Other:
- Create an atmosphere of encouragement within your family. Support one another in faith, hope, and love, reinforcing the importance of these virtues.
- Teach the Word:
- Ground your family in the teachings of the Bible. Let the Word of God be a guide in decision-making and a source of wisdom for your household.
- Pray Together:
- Foster a habit of praying together as a family. Seek God’s guidance, strength, and protection for each member of your family.
- Lead by Example:
- Be a role model for your children by living out the principles of Hebrews 10:23. Your actions often speak louder than words, so let your life reflect your faith.
- Acknowledge God’s Faithfulness:
- Regularly remind your family of God’s faithfulness. Share testimonies of His provision, protection, and answered prayers, reinforcing the reliability of His promises.
Hold Firmly to the hope of Jesus and model it to others
By applying these biblical principles inspired by Hebrews 10:23, you can strive to be the dad your wife and kids need—a father who holds firmly to the right and most important things, ultimately bringing praise, honor, and glory to God in Jesus’ name.