As we begin today and consider our roles as husbands and dads, we need to make sure we are doing our part in getting our families ready. What can we be doing to help our wives and our marriages be ready to live up to the calling God has put on our lives? How can we do things that will help our kids and our families be ready for the calling and purposes God has put on each of their lives? We are called to do our part to make sure they are all ready.
John the Baptist paved the way for Jesus. God’s Word equips us to answer His call and fulfill our purpose. As fathers, let’s lead our families in preparation.
Firstly, speak God’s truths to your family. Secondly, remove obstacles hindering them from God’s will. Finally, ensure God is central in your home.
Apply today’s verse of the day to be the dads our families need. Guide them in answering God’s call and preparing for His works.
Applications of Isaiah 40:3 that show us what we should be doing in order to be the dads God calls us to be and created us to be:
- Clearing Spiritual Obstacles: As John the Baptist prepared the way for Jesus, we can help our families by removing spiritual obstacles. Encourage regular prayer, Bible study, and open discussions about faith to clear the path for the Lord in your homes.
- Leading by Example: Demonstrate a life centered on God. Let your actions, decisions, and character reflect the values of your faith. This example will guide your family in their own journey with God.
- Fostering Open Communication: Create an environment where your family feels comfortable discussing spiritual matters. Be open to questions, doubts, and concerns. This openness will contribute to a smoother spiritual journey for your spouse and children.
- Prioritizing Family Worship: Dedicate time for family worship, prayer, and reflection. This collective effort strengthens the spiritual bond within the family and provides a consistent foundation for each member’s calling.
- Eliminating Distractions: Identify and eliminate distractions that hinder spiritual growth within the family. This might involve reducing screen time, setting boundaries on certain activities, or creating intentional spaces for quiet reflection and prayer.
- Building a Foundation of Love: Cultivate a loving and supportive atmosphere in your home. Love within the family sets the stage for individuals to confidently embrace their callings, knowing they have a secure foundation to return to.
- Encouraging Individual Spiritual Growth: Recognize and support the unique spiritual journeys of each family member. Provide resources, guidance, and encouragement tailored to their individual needs and callings.
- Promoting Acts of Service: Teach your family the importance of serving others. By actively engaging in acts of kindness and service, you demonstrate the selfless love that aligns with God’s calling for each of us.
- Teaching Biblical Principles: Regularly share and discuss biblical principles that are relevant to everyday life. Help your family apply these teachings in practical ways, preparing them for the challenges they may face in fulfilling their callings.
- Establishing a Home Centered on God: Ensure that God is at the center of your home. This involves making decisions as a family, seeking God’s guidance in all aspects of life, and maintaining a focus on glorifying Him in your actions and relationships.
Doing what helps create the right family environment
By applying these principles, you contribute to creating a family environment where each member can confidently answer God’s calling and fulfill the purposes He has prepared for them. Through your efforts, you are actively making a way for the Lord to be at the center of your marriages and families.