So here we are, new day ahead, past is gone, tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, let’s do it right today! Think before you speak so that your speech will be right. Think before you act so that you do it right! Grab a hold of what T.H.I.N.K. looks like: Truthful, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind. When we choose in our speech and our action to do it truthfully, helpfully, with inspiration, making sure it is necessary, and out of the kindness of your heart, it helps us to ensure we are going to do it right!
Firstly, let’s be the dads who no matter what it is that we need to do, we choose to do it right! Secondly, let’s be the dads who choose to do it right when we speak and when we act! Thirdly, let’s be the dads who do it right by doing everything in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, depending on Him in and through it all! Finally, let’s be the dads who no matter what it is, we do it giving thanks to God!
How can we be the dads who put today’s verse of the day into play and practice in and through our lives to bring praise, honor, and glory to God while meeting the needs of our wives and kids? What can we do or change to make it right?
Applications of Colossians 3:17 that will help us be the dads that our wives and kids need to the glory of God:
- Pray for Guidance: Begin each day with prayer, seeking guidance from the Lord on how to conduct yourself in both word and deed.
- Align Actions with God’s Word: Ensure that your actions and decisions align with the principles and teachings found in the Bible.
- Model Truthfulness: Strive to be truthful in all your communication, fostering an environment of trust within your family.
- Seek to Be Helpful: Look for opportunities to be a source of assistance and support for your family members, recognizing and meeting their needs.
- Inspire Through Example: Be an inspirational figure in your household, modeling qualities such as diligence, perseverance, and a positive attitude.
- Evaluate the Necessity: Before speaking or acting, consider whether your words or actions are truly necessary and contribute positively to the situation.
- Practice Kindness: Cultivate a spirit of kindness and compassion, treating your family members with love and understanding.
- Dependence on Christ: Acknowledge your dependence on Jesus Christ in all aspects of your life, relying on His strength and wisdom.
- Express Gratitude: Cultivate a heart of gratitude, expressing thanks to God for His blessings and to your family for their presence in your life.
- Encourage Family Gratitude: Encourage your family members to also adopt a mindset of gratitude, fostering a positive and appreciative atmosphere in your home.
Let’s do it right for the glory of God:
By incorporating these applications into your daily life, you can strive to be a father who lives out Colossians 3:17, bringing honor and glory to God while positively impacting the lives of your wife and children.