Ever had troubles in your life? Are ready because you know that if you haven’t, they will show up? What kinds of troubles have you faced? What troubles are you going through right now? How do you find hope? Where do you turn for hope? Are you able to take heart because you know that Jesus overcame the troubles of this world?
Troubles? Consider it pure joy when you trials and temptations:
Have you ever turned to the book of James when you are feeling troubled? Grab hold of these truths:
The Bible tells us that troubles are inevitable in this fallen world, but we can consider it pure joy when we face trials and temptations because they test our faith and produce perseverance, which leads to maturity and completeness in Christ12. The Bible also assures us that God is with us in our troubles, and that He will never leave us nor forsake us34. Furthermore, the Bible promises us that our troubles are light and momentary compared to the eternal glory that awaits us in heaven5 . Therefore, we can rejoice in the Lord always, and give thanks in all circumstances, knowing that He is working all things together for our good.summary from chat.bing.com
2Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.James 1:2-4
When you face troubles, maintain your trust in Jesus and do not lose hope.
Therefore, let’s be the dads who choose to leave at peace, Jesus’ perfect peace because we have heard and received His message of hope and life. Furthermore, let’s be the dads who, amidst troubles, tribulations, distress, and suffering, exhibit courage, confidence, unwavering determination, and overflowing joy due to Jesus’ victorious triumph! Additionally, let’s be the dads who are more than conquerors through Jesus who has accomplished His conquest!
How can we apply today’s verse of the day towards being the dads our wives and kids need us to be? What can it tell us about living our lives to the full in a way that will glorify God?
Applications of John 16:33 that help us be the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be and deal with troubles in a way that will glorify God:
- Embrace God’s Peace: The verse begins by mentioning the perfect peace that Jesus offers. As a dad, seek this peace in your own life. It’s essential to be emotionally and spiritually stable to support your family through troubled times.
- Teach Your Children About Jesus’ Victory: Share with your children the message of hope and life found in Jesus. Help them understand that, no matter the challenges they face, Jesus has already overcome the world.
- Be Courageous: The verse encourages us to be courageous, confident, and undaunted in the face of tribulations. As a dad, model courage for your children and help them develop resilience.
- Choose Joy: Choose to be filled with joy even in the midst of troubles. This doesn’t mean denying difficulties but maintaining a positive and hopeful attitude that comes from faith in Christ.
- Take Heart: Encourage your family to take heart, reminding them of the victory Christ has achieved. Teach them to find their strength and hope in Him.
- Demonstrate Victory in Daily Life: Show through your actions that you are more than a conqueror through Christ. This means living a life of faith, perseverance, and victory in your daily challenges.
- Pray Together: Pray as a family, seeking God’s guidance and strength in times of trouble. Family prayer can be a powerful source of comfort and unity.
- Support Each Other: Be there for your wife and children during their own trials and tribulations. Offer your love, understanding, and support, reflecting God’s unconditional love for His children.
- Foster Resilience: Help your children develop endurance and resilience through their challenges. Encourage them to grow in faith and character through difficult times.
- Glorify God Through Your Actions: Ultimately, your life should glorify God. By living out the principles in this verse, you can be a role model for your family and a testimony to God’s transformative power in the face of adversity.
God’s Word can help us when faced with troubles
Remember that applying these principles to your life as a dad may not always be easy, but with faith and trust in Jesus, you can navigate the troubles of this world while glorifying God and providing the support and guidance your family needs.