It happened! I am so excited too about the fact that 2023 was the year to start the BeTheDads podcast and it was October, and the first episode was missing. During one of the Wednesday night Bible Studies for The Most Valuable Catch series I let our table know that I was going to post my first episode in October. I informed them to hold myself accountable and ensure that I kick-started and maintained forward momentum.
It took till the last day but it happened:
Well, yesterday was the 31st and the first episode went live, being the first I know there will be some great feedback coming my way to help me improve it moving forward. It’s exciting as any other podcast I have from the past used text to speech, and this was the first one where it is me speaking. I’ve been attempting to publish it on various platforms, but Apple kept telling me it had issues creating an Apple account for me. I established a Google account, but they mentioned that YouTube would replace Google Podcasts in 2024. So, I know it’s available and functional on Spotify.
Feel free to check it out and leave me your comments and ideas either here on the website or there in the platform, all creative feedback welcomed to help make it better and more impactful for dads going forward. (Check out BeTheDads Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/39usQFpLwb9QbjjekP0Q1C)
Therefore, let’s be the dads who are generous and a source of blessings to our wives and kids first and then to the world as well. Moreover, let’s be the dads who lean into God trusting Him at His Word so that we will have enough that we can invest in others as well as use ourselves and walk in the prosperity and enriching God provides. Additionally, let’s be the dads who from the overflow of God into our lives pours and waters those God brings into our lives starting with our wives and our kids so that we may see the glory of God and reap from the generosity we have sown.
What is it that you need to do and how can today’s verse of the day help you make sure that it happened. How can we apply it to our lives as dads so that we can be the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be?
Applications of Proverbs 11:25 that will help us as data to be able to live our lives for the glory of God and be able to say “it happened” just as God said.
- Prioritize Your Family: Ensure that your family comes first in your acts of generosity and kindness. Be present for your wife and kids, supporting and loving them unconditionally.
- Lead by Example: Be a source of blessing and enrichment in your children’s lives, setting a positive example for them. Show them the importance of giving and caring for others.
- Trust in God’s Word: Place your trust in God’s promises and live your life based on His principles. Faith in God’s word can help you navigate life’s challenges.
- Invest in Others: Look for opportunities to invest your time, resources, and talents in those around you. This includes your family, friends, and your community.
- Water the Lives of Others: Actively nurture and support the growth and well-being of the people in your life. Encourage, uplift, and be a source of refreshment to others.
- Seek God’s Prosperity: Strive for prosperity, not just in material wealth but also in spiritual, emotional, and relational aspects of life. Seek God’s guidance in achieving this balance.
- Overflow with God’s Love: Allow God’s love and blessings to overflow into your life, so you can in turn bless others abundantly.
- Foster a Culture of Generosity: Promote generosity and kindness in your family, teaching your children the importance of giving back to others.
- Impact the World: Extend your generosity and blessings beyond your family to make a positive impact in the broader community and the world.
- Reflect on Your Journey: Regularly reflect on your actions and assess whether you are living according to these principles. Adjust your approach as needed to continue being a source of blessing.
Can you say “it happened” when asked if you are being the dads?
By applying these principles to your life as a dad, you can strive to live for the glory of God and ensure that you can say, “it happened,” in the context of positively impacting your family, community, and the world. Continue to seek wisdom and guidance from God’s Word, and remember that small acts of generosity and kindness can make a significant difference in the lives of those around you.