It’s time to make the most out of our today and finish the week strong and productive. What’s on your to-do list that you can get to to-done? For many people this weekend will include an extra hour, ever considered if you were given an extra hour how you would use it? First weekend of November is ahead of you but today is the last day before you can be there. So let’s choose to make the most of our today and pour out all that God has for us to do into all the people He brings across our paths.
Make the most of your today:
Start with God, spend time with Him and ask Him how you can make the most of today for His glory. Next start with your home, what can you do for your wife, your kids, and your family in general that will bless them and glorify God. How about outside your home? Where can you make a difference, whose life can you pour into out of the overflow of all that God is pouring into you? Let’s finish the week strong by making the most of our today.
Therefore, let’s be the dads who believe God, believe in God, and choose to live our lives for His purpose. Moreover, let’s be the dads who live by faith rather than having to see it to believe it because we know that it is impossible to walk with God and please Him if we don’t trust Him and believe Him. Additionally, let’s be the dads who believe that God exists and draw near to Him. Finally, let’s be the dads who earnestly and diligently seek Him by faith not only because we trust and know that He rewards those kinds of people but also because we want to live lives that will glorify Him!
Similarly, what can we do to put today’s verse of the day into practice? What’s more, how can we use it to become the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be?
Applications of Hebrews 11:6 towards being the dads that glorify God by making the most of our todays for the sake of what our wives and kids need:
- Start Your Day with Prayer: Begin your day by seeking God in prayer, asking for guidance and wisdom to fulfill your role as a father.
- Believe in God’s Existence: Strengthen your faith by truly believing in the existence of God, setting an example for your children to follow.
- Model Trust in God: Demonstrate your trust in God’s plan, showing your family that you rely on Him in all circumstances.
- Live by Faith: Make decisions and take actions based on faith, even when the outcome isn’t immediately clear, teaching your children the importance of faith.
- Pursue Diligent Relationship with God: Continually seek a deeper relationship with God through regular Bible study, meditation, and fellowship.
- Demonstrate God’s Rewards: Show your kids that God rewards those who diligently seek Him by celebrating and acknowledging the blessings and answered prayers in your life.
- Prioritize Family Time: Allocate quality time for your wife and kids, engaging in meaningful activities that strengthen your bonds and express your love for them.
- Be a Role Model of Godly Character: Display virtues such as patience, kindness, humility, and forgiveness, reflecting God’s character in your interactions with your family.
- Serve Others Together: Encourage your family to engage in acts of service and kindness toward others, demonstrating the love of Christ through your actions.
- Teach and Share Your Faith: Instill faith-based values and beliefs in your children by regularly discussing and teaching them about your faith and how it shapes your life.
By applying these principles, you can fulfill the call to be the kind of dad that glorifies God, makes the most of each day, and positively impacts your family and the world around you.