No matter what comes your way today, you can know what to do. The key is to find a good guide who can lead you in truth and teach you. Whatever it is, you can find a way. Do you know where to turn? How about who to ask? Don’t try to rush it or force it! Be willing to wait expectantly for what God has planned!
Make sure to have the right guidebook:
Turn to the Bible, God’s ownership manual and guidebook for this life. Meditate on it daily, reading and learning so that the Holy Spirit who is your guide can speak it to you at the right place in the right time and you will be able to understand what He is saying.
Furthermore, let’s be the dads who spend time in God’s Word and in prayer, listening for the Holy Spirit to guide us into the truth of God and teach us! Additionally, let’s be the dads who put all our hope and trust in God because we know He is our salvation and Jesus is our Savior. Therefore, let’s be the dads who wait upon the Lord to renew our strength and provide us with the wisdom and discernment we need to make it through each day!
How can we put today’s verse of the day into practice today to help us be the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be? What can we take from it that will help us to live up to the calling God has put on our lives so that in and through it all He will receive the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’ name?
Applications of Psalms 25:5 towards finding a guide and becoming the dads God created, purposed, and plans for us to be for the sake of our wives, kids, and world and His glory:
- Seek Guidance from God’s Word:
- Regularly read and meditate on the Bible, seeking guidance and wisdom from its teachings. Let it be your primary source for direction in life.
- Depend on God for Salvation:
- Acknowledge God as the source of your salvation. Trust in Him for your spiritual well-being and, by extension, the well-being of your family.
- Cultivate Patience and Expectancy:
- Develop patience in waiting for God’s guidance. Be expectant that He will reveal His truth in His perfect timing.
- Prioritize Prayer and Listening:
- Spend time in prayer, actively listening for the Holy Spirit’s guidance. Create moments of stillness to allow God to speak to your heart.
- Apply Truth in Daily Life:
- Integrate the truths you learn from the Bible into your daily life. Let these teachings guide your decisions, actions, and interactions with your family.
- Be Open to Learning:
- Maintain a humble and teachable spirit. Be open to learning from God, experiences, and others who can provide godly wisdom.
- Wait on the Lord in Challenges:
- In challenging situations, wait on the Lord rather than relying solely on your understanding. Trust that He will provide solutions and guidance.
- Renew Strength through God:
- Acknowledge your dependence on God for strength. When you feel weary or burdened, turn to Him for renewal and restoration.
- Place Hope and Trust in God:
- Ground your hope and trust in God, recognizing Him as the ultimate source of security and guidance for yourself and your family.
- Reflect God’s Glory in Fatherhood:
- Live out the calling of fatherhood in a way that reflects God’s character. Demonstrate love, patience, wisdom, and humility, giving glory to God through your role as a father.
With the Holy Spirit as your Guide, He can help you put it into practice:
By consistently applying these principles, you can actively seek God’s guidance, allowing His truth to shape your identity as a father. This, in turn, enables you to fulfill the purpose God has for you in your family and the world.