Do you realize you have everything you need? What is it you are lacking? Is there something you think you need? Consider your intensions and desires for this thing you feel you are lacking or in need of. What if I told you that you have everything you have need to live a godly life? What if I shared where to turn and learn more about this truth?
Two Step process to receive everything you need to live a godly life:
Faith in God:
The verse emphasizes that it is through our knowledge of God that we can live a godly life. This knowledge comes from reading the Bible, attending church, and spending time in prayer and meditation. By doing so, we can grow in our faith and become more like Christ.
Faith in God means believing in Him and trusting that He has a plan for our lives. It also means that we believe that God is good and that He loves us unconditionally.
Follow His Commands:
In addition to faith and knowledge of God, living a godly life also requires us to practice virtues such as love, kindness, patience, and self-control. These virtues are essential for building strong relationships with others and for living a life that is pleasing to God.
Following God’s commands is an essential part of living a godly life. It means obeying God’s Word and doing what He has commanded us to do. Obedience is the key to unlocking God’s promises. When we obey God, we show our love for Him and demonstrate our faith in Him.
In the Bible, Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commands” (John 14:15). This means that if we truly love God, we will obey His commands. We can’t pick and choose which commands to follow; we must follow all of them.
God’s commands are not meant to restrict us or make our lives difficult. Instead, they are meant to guide us and help us live a life that is pleasing to Him. When we follow God’s commands, we experience true freedom and joy.
Therefore, let’s spend time in God’s Word, the instruction manual to living a godly life for it demonstrates how God has already given us everything we need. Furthermore, let’s also spend time with God praying and seeking His will and pursuing Him into each day! Finally, let’s choose today to live our lives with an abundance of love, like the love God has shown us, so that we can accomplish His perfect will and plan in and through our lives.
For example, Let’s be the dads who receive God’s divine power that He has bestowed on us absolutely everything we need for a dynamic spiritual life! Furthermore, let’s be the dads who focus on God with faith and choosing to live in obedience to His commands for we know it opens the door to godliness! Therefore, let’s be the dads who don’t just know about God but know God because we have a personal relationship with Him and as such have a true and personal knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence!
So how can we take today’s verse of the day and put it into practice and choosing to live every day to the full as the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be? What can we learn and then determine to step up and step out to do for God’s glory knowing He has given us everything we need?
Applications of 2 Peter 1:3 towards living life to the full because God has already given us everything we need to live up to His calling on our lives:
- Deepen Your Relationship with God: Make it a priority to know God intimately through prayer, Bible study, and personal communion with Him. The more you know Him, the more you will understand His calling on your life.
- Recognize His Divine Power: Understand that God’s divine power is at work within you. Trust in His strength, wisdom, and guidance in every aspect of your life.
- Live a Godly Life: Strive for a life marked by godliness and moral integrity. Let your actions and choices reflect your commitment to following God’s principles.
- Seek True Knowledge: Pursue true and personal knowledge of God. Continuously grow in your understanding of His character and His Word.
- Embrace His Calling: Recognize that God has called you for a specific purpose and mission. Be open to His leading and direction in your life.
- Cultivate Excellence: Pursue excellence in all you do. Whether in your family, work, or community, strive for the highest standards with the awareness that you represent God’s glory.
- Share God’s Love: Be a conduit of God’s love and grace to your family, friends, and the world. Show compassion and kindness to those around you.
- Develop Spiritual Disciplines: Commit to spiritual disciplines such as fasting, meditation, and worship. These practices help you stay connected to God’s power and purpose.
- Serve with Humility: Approach your role as a husband and father with humility. Recognize that your strength comes from God, not your own abilities.
- Step Out in Faith: Don’t be afraid to take bold steps in obedience to God’s calling. Trust that He has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill His purpose.
Implications of Applying the truth of God giving Everything
By applying these principles from 2 Peter 1:3, you can live a life that is not only full but also aligned with God’s calling. Remember that it’s a continuous journey of growth and faith, and God’s grace empowers you every step of the way. Let’s be the dads who aren’t wandering lost but rather walk with confidence of having everything we need to live a dynamic spiritual life!