Ever noticed how nature points us to God’s workmanship? What did you observe today when you were out and about that made you think of the Lord? Did you see anything that made you be in awe and praise God?
I know I heard about the eclipse today, amazing workmanship of God:
It is so amazing all that takes place in the sky, in the forests, and all around us, if we are willing and able to stop long enough to see it.
Firstly, let’s be the dads who pause long enough to see God’s workmanship. Seccondly, let’s be the dads who praise and glorify God for all the incredible things we see in nature. Finally, let’s be the dads who consider how we can apply this and lead by example for our wives, kids, and world.
How can we apply today’s verse of the day towards the call God has on our lives to be the husbands, dads, and friends in this world? What can we learn from God’s handiwork to help us become better dads?
Applications of Psalms 19:1 about workmanship of God towards being the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be:
- Recognize God’s Creation: Just as the heavens declare God’s glory, we should recognize and appreciate the beauty and complexity of the world God created. This awareness can lead to a deeper understanding of God’s wisdom, which we can apply to our roles as dads.
- Teach Creation Appreciation: Share your appreciation for God’s creation with your children. Take them on nature walks, stargazing, or simply explain the wonders of the world. Help them see the beauty and order in the natural world as a reflection of God’s handiwork.
- Teach Stewardship: Just as God is the ultimate Creator and caretaker of the universe, teach your children the importance of stewardship. This means taking care of their environment, their possessions, and the people around them.
- God’s Faithfulness: Reflect on the consistency of the natural world. The sun rises and sets, seasons change, and the world keeps spinning. Use this as a metaphor for God’s faithfulness. As dads, we must also strive to be consistent and faithful in our relationships and responsibilities.
- Praise and Worship: Encourage your family to praise and worship God through observing His creation. Spend time together in prayer and gratitude for the beauty of the world around you.
- Model Awe and Wonder: Let your children see your sense of awe and wonder at God’s creation. Model curiosity and a desire to learn, which can inspire them to seek knowledge and wisdom.
- Teach Humility: The vastness and complexity of the universe can instill a sense of humility. Teach your children to be humble and to recognize their place in God’s creation. This can lead to a sense of responsibility and compassion for others.
- Relationships and Community: Just as the natural world operates in harmony, emphasize the importance of building strong relationships and communities. Show your children the value of working together, supporting one another, and resolving conflicts peacefully.
- Practice Gratitude: Encourage an attitude of gratitude. Remind your family to be thankful for the blessings in their lives and the beauty they see in the world. Gratitude fosters contentment and joy.
- Serve and Love Others: As God cares for His creation, we should care for our fellow human beings. Teach your children to love and serve others, showing kindness, compassion, and empathy to those in need.
How God’s workmanship can be something we can use to become the dads God desires us to be:
By applying Psalm 19:1 to your life as a husband, dad, and friend, you can instill values of appreciation for God’s creation, responsibility, humility, gratitude, and love in your family, ultimately fulfilling the call God has on your life to be a positive influence in this world.