Whatever you are going through today, don’t lose hope for there is a way. How large or immovable that it may seem, lean in on the truth so that you can have hope. Invite Jesus into the situation and allow the Holy Spirit to help reveal the truth to you and provide you with wisdom and guidance to be able to live the life that Jesus offers you that is abundant and good.
Hope: Consider what God’s Word has to say:
- Through faith, we have access to grace and rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Suffering produces endurance, character, and hope, which does not disappoint us because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us
- ‘Through Him we also have access by faith into this [remarkable state of] grace in which we [firmly and safely and securely] stand. Let us rejoice in our hope and the confident assurance of [experiencing and enjoying] the glory of [our great] God [the manifestation of His excellence and power]. And not only this, but [with joy] let us exult in our sufferings and rejoice in our hardships, knowing that hardship (distress, pressure, trouble) produces patient endurance; and endurance, proven character (spiritual maturity); and proven character, hope and confident assurance [of eternal salvation]. Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. ‘
- Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
- ‘Let us seize and hold tightly the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is reliable and trustworthy and faithful [to His word]; ‘
1 Peter 1:3:
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- ‘Blessed [gratefully praised and adored] be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant and boundless mercy has caused us to be born again [that is, to be reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose] to an ever-living hope and confident assurance through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, [born anew] into an inheritance which is imperishable [beyond the reach of change] and undefiled and unfading, reserved in heaven for you, who are being protected and shielded by the power of God through your faith for salvation that is ready to be revealed [for you] in the last time. In this you rejoice greatly, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, which is much more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested and purified by fire, may be found to result in [your] praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. ‘
1 Peter 1:3-7
- There is one body and one Spirit, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
- ‘There is one body [of believers] and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when called [to salvation]— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all who is [sovereign] over all and [working] through all and [living] in all. ‘
Hope: Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life who came that we may have life more abundantly
- ‘Jesus said to him, “ I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. ‘ John 14:6
- ‘The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. ‘ John 10:10
Therefore, let’s be the dads who choose to live in the blessings of God bless Him by gratefully praising Him and adoring Him! Moreover, let’s be the dads who celebrate and receive the recreation and new life that comes thanks to His abundant and boundless mercy that has caused us to be born again spiritually! Additionally, let’s be the dads who receive and walk in the reality that thanks to Jesus, we have been spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose to an ever-living hope and confident assurance through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and can live in His hope!
How can we apply today’s verse of the day to become the dads God created, purposed, and planned for us to be? What can we do with it to be the dads that our wives, kids, and world need us to be?
Applications of 1 Peter 1:3 towards being the dads that will bring God the praise, the honor, and glory and provide for the needs of our wives, kids, and world:
- Gratitude: Begin each day with gratitude, recognizing the mercy and new life God has granted you through Christ’s resurrection. This sets a positive tone for your interactions with your family.
- Living Hope: Be a source of hope and encouragement for your family. Share with them the hope found in your faith, helping them navigate life’s challenges with optimism.
- Prayer: Pray for your family regularly, asking for God’s guidance, protection, and blessings upon them. Seek His wisdom in your role as a father.
- Model Faith: Be a living example of your faith. Let your children see your faith in action through your kindness, integrity, and love.
- Sacrificial Love: Emulate Christ’s sacrificial love in your relationships with your spouse and children. Show them what it means to love unconditionally.
- Resurrection Power: Recognize the power of resurrection as a source of strength in overcoming obstacles and setbacks. Teach your family to have faith in the possibility of renewal and restoration.
- Forgiveness: Forgive as God forgives you. This demonstrates humility and reconciliation within your family, fostering a loving and harmonious environment.
- Teach Scripture: Share the teachings of the Bible with your family, helping them to understand God’s plan and purpose for their lives.
- Serve Others: Encourage your children to serve others and make a positive impact on the world. Show them that faith is not just a personal belief but a call to action.
- Foster Unity: Promote unity within your family. Help your children develop strong bonds with one another and understand the importance of working together to glorify God.
Hope because we have gone from being just hearers of the Word to doers:
By applying these principles and keeping 1 Peter 1:3 in mind, you can strive to be the kind of father that brings honor to God and meets the needs of your family and the world around you. It’s a lifelong journey that requires commitment and continuous growth in your faith and fatherhood.