Is there anyone dependable through the good and the bad? Who is it that loves and cares about what you are going through? Where can you turn and know that they have your back? Have you considered God?
Psalms speak to how God is Dependable:
- ‘God’s way is perfect. All the Lord ’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock? God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow. You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great. You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping. ‘ Psalms 18:30-36
- ‘The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation. All of your works will thank you, Lord, and your faithful followers will praise you. They will speak of the glory of your kingdom; they will give examples of your power. They will tell about your mighty deeds and about the majesty and glory of your reign. For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule throughout all generations. The Lord always keeps his promises; he is gracious in all he does. The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness. The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth. He grants the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them. The Lord protects all those who love him, but he destroys the wicked. ‘ Psalms 145:9-20
Scriptures speak to how dependable God is:
- ‘God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. ‘ 1 Corinthians 1:9
- ‘For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. ‘ Jeremiah 29:11
- ‘Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.’ Isaiah 40:28-31
- ‘ “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. ‘ John 3:16
Firstly, let’s be the dads who choose to model ourselves after God so that our wives and kids can depend on us. Secondly, let’s be the dads who determine to live our lives in such a way that we are dependable for God, our wives, our kids, and our world. Thirdly, let’s be the dads who focus on God as our source and our example of becoming dependable.
Therefore, let’s be the dads who are dependable for our wives and kids even when the world around us is being shaken. Moreover, let’s be the dads who show lovingkindness on all occasions to our families. Finally, let’s be the dads who never say quit on our marriages and our families because just as God has compassion on us, we have compassion on our wives, kids, and people of this world.
So how can we do this and put into practice what today’s verse of the day is saying to help us be the dads God created, purposed, and plans for us to be for the sake of our wives and kids and His glory? What can we take away from it and put into practice today?
Applications of Isaiah 54:10 to help us be dads our wives and kids can depend on and the glory of God:
- Unwavering Love: Just as God’s lovingkindness is unwavering, commit to loving your wife and children consistently, even in challenging times.
- Covenant of Peace: Establish a peaceful and harmonious atmosphere in your home. Strive to resolve conflicts with your family through peaceful means and open communication.
- Compassion: Show compassion and empathy towards your family’s needs and emotions. Be there to support and understand them in times of trouble.
- Consistency: Be consistent in your words and actions. Your family should be able to rely on you, knowing that you’ll follow through with your commitments.
- Resilience: Just as God’s love remains unshaken, be resilient in the face of adversity. Model perseverance and determination for your children in difficult situations.
- Reliability: Always be dependable and fulfill your responsibilities as a husband and father. Your family should be able to count on you in all circumstances.
- Communication: Keep the lines of communication open within your family. Encourage your wife and children to share their thoughts and feelings, and be a good listener.
- Teach Your Children: Pass on the principles of dependability and love to your children. Show them through your actions how to be dependable and compassionate individuals.
- Prayer and Faith: Encourage your family to trust in God and maintain their faith, just as God’s covenant of peace cannot be shaken. Pray together as a family and seek God’s guidance and support.
- Lead by Example: Ultimately, be the role model for your family. Show them what it means to have an unshaken love, a covenant of peace, and compassion in action.
Be Dependable Dads:
By applying these principles from Isaiah 54:10, you can strive to be the dependable dad that God has called you to be, and in doing so, you can have a positive impact on your wife, kids, and the world around you, all for the glory of God.