Be Encouraged! What are you going through today? What’s in your face and challenging you? Remember both what we read in James and in John about trials and troubles. Be encouraged because you can take heart when you face troubles of this world for Jesus has overcome the world! Similarly, we can consider it pure joy when we face trials because we know the testing of our faith produces perseverance and when perseverance has completed its work we will be complete and lacking nothing!
Be Encouraged, no matter what because God’s faithful and His Word is trustworthy
God’s faithfulness is a recurring theme in the Bible. It is a reminder that God is always true to His promises and that He will never abandon us. The Bible is filled with verses that speak of God’s faithfulness, such as 2 Thessalonians 3:3, which says “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 1
When we remember God’s faithfulness in the past, our confidence in His Word grows. We can be certain of this because He made them on the basis of His truthful, unchanging character (Hebrews 6:17-18) 2.
There are many devotionals available that focus on God’s faithfulness. For example, In Touch Ministries has a devotional titled “Reflecting on God’s Faithfulness” that encourages readers to pause periodically to look back over their life and see how God has provided, guided, and guarded them along the way 2.response from chat.bing.com to the ask for using scripture references and bible devotionals, help me summarize Be Encouraged, no matter what because God’s faithful and His Word is trustworthy
Firstly, let’s be the dads who are encouraged because we spend time in God’s Word, with God’s people, and in God’s house. Secondly, let’s be the dads who trust God walking in faith, risking for His sake because we know that because of His lovingkindness that we are not consumed! Finally, let’s choose to live our lives to the full for His glory because we know that His tender compassions, His love, never fail!
How can we put today’s verse of the day into practice so that we can be the dads who live our lives to glorify God? What can we do to become the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be?
Applications of Lamentations 3:22 that will help us be the dads who God created, purposed, and planned for us to be with the right attitude of encouragement:
- Model God’s Love: Show unconditional love to your family as God loves us.
- Practice Compassion: Demonstrate empathy and compassion towards your children, spouse, and others.
- Forgive Freely: Just as God forgives us, be quick to forgive your family members when they make mistakes.
- Patience: Develop patience and endurance in dealing with challenges and struggles in family life.
- Gratitude: Be thankful for the blessings in your life, including your family.
- Trust God: Trust in God’s plan even when faced with difficulties in parenting.
- Teach God’s Love: Share the message of God’s love and grace with your children, helping them grow spiritually.
- Lead by Example: Live a life that aligns with your faith and values so your children can follow your example.
- Prayer: Pray for your family, seeking guidance and strength from God in your role as a father.
- Encourage Others: Encourage your family members and others in your community with words of hope and love.
Remember that being a father who lives to glorify God is an ongoing journey that requires constant effort, self-reflection, and reliance on God’s grace. Strive to be a loving and compassionate father who models the attributes of God’s love, and seek opportunities to positively impact your family and the world around you.