Ever considered the benefits of hearing from God? God’s speaking and it comes down to if we will be the dads who will listen. Will we be the dads who make time to build a relationship and have a heartfelt connection with God. Are you hearing from God?
God’s Speaking but are you listening?
The best place to get started to hear from God’s Word is in the Bible. Do you make time to get away from the noise and focus on hearing from God? Even but a verse a day and then meditating and listening to hear what God has to say to you in and through it can transform how you respond to whatever else comes your way today.
Make time for a Heartfelt Connection with God:
Can you imagine a relationship in which the other person only speaks and never listens? Make time to listen to what God is saying to us today in and through His Word. Set time aside to get alone to a quiet place where we can hear the still quiet voice of the Holy Spirit speak to us. Take time to pause and listen so that God is able to give us visions and dreams. Prepare our hearts and minds to be able to receive and respond to what God is saying to us today.
Therefore, to find God you have to seek Him with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength! Moreover, let’s be the dads who seek the Lord on the authority of His Word. Finally, let’s be the dads who wait and listen because we know He answers and will deliver us from all our fears!
The Bible is indeed considered the inspired, inerrant, and infallible word of God by many. Paul the apostle wrote, “All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness” 1. The biblical word for ‘inspired’ means Scripture is “breathed out” by God 1. Another verse that supports this belief is 2 Timothy 3:16-17: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works” 2.searched up examples and received this from chat.bing.com
How can we put today’s verse of the into action so that we can be the dads our wives and kids need and that God created, purposed, and plans for us to be?
Applications of Psalms 34:4 towards being dads who hear God speaking:
- Seek God Daily: Begin each day with prayer and meditation, seeking God’s presence and wisdom in your life.
- Pray for Your Family: Lift up your wife and children in prayer, asking God to guide and protect them.
- Lead by Example: Be a living example of faith and trust in God’s plan, showing your family what it means to seek the Lord.
- Listen Actively: Just as you seek God’s voice, actively listen to your wife and children. Understand their fears, concerns, and needs.
- Create a Safe Space: Foster an environment in your home where your family feels safe to share their fears and worries with you without judgment.
- Provide Emotional Support: Offer comfort and reassurance to your family members during difficult times, reminding them of God’s love and protection.
- Teach Scripture: Share relevant Bible verses, like Psalm 34:4, with your family and discuss how these verses can apply to their lives.
- Encourage Faith: Encourage your children to develop their own relationship with God through prayer, Bible study, and attending church services.
- Practice Forgiveness: Model forgiveness and grace within your family, teaching your children about God’s forgiveness.
- Serve Others Together: Engage in acts of service and charity as a family, reflecting God’s love and compassion to those in need.
Remember that being the dad your family needs is an ongoing journey. Continuously seek God’s guidance, and don’t be discouraged by setbacks or challenges. Your willingness to grow spiritually and support your family in their faith journey will have a profound impact on your role as a father.