We need to be the light! Just as the moon going around the earth reflects the light of the sun we need to be people who are going around the earth reflecting the light of the Son. The darker the night gets the brighter the moon looks and likewise, we need to shine brighter as the world gets darker. When we find it dark out there we need to align ourselves to Jesus so that His light can shine on us and we can reflect it into the world around us!
Be a dad radiating light into your family
Let’s strive to be the fathers who walk in the Light of Jesus, daily aligning our lives with the precepts of God. Moreover, let’s endeavor to be the fathers who actively absorb the divine light throughout the day from God, akin to glow-in-the-dark items. This way, we can radiate that light when darkness descends upon us. Furthermore, let’s unite as fathers, working together to fortify and empower one another. This collective strength will help us become the fathers our wives and children truly need. By fostering genuine and unbroken fellowship among ourselves and with God, we can achieve this. Lastly, as fathers, let’s reside under the protective shield of the blood of Jesus, which not only cleanses us from all sin but also eradicates the persistent stains of sin, ensuring our perpetual purity in the face of various forms and manifestations of wrongdoing.
Firstly, let’s be the dads who walk in the Light of Jesus, living each day in conformity with the precepts of God! Secondly, let’s be the dads who are absorbing the light through the day from God so like glow-in-the-dark items, we can shine when it becomes darkest. Thirdly, let’s be the dads who build and strengthen one another in order to be the dads our wives and kids need us to be by having true and unbroken fellowship with one another and with God! Finally, let’s be the dads who live under the blood of Jesus who cleanses us from all sin, erasing the stain of sin and keeping us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations.
How can we apply today’s verse of the day towards being the dads who are light not only in our marriages and families but also this world we live in?
Applications of 1 John 1:7 to help us be the dads God created, purposed, and plans for us to be:
- Lead by Example: Dads can be a light in their families and communities by consistently walking in the light of Christ. Demonstrating a life of faith, love, and integrity serves as a powerful example for others.
- Fellowship with Family: Create a loving and supportive environment within your family where open communication, trust, and unity are encouraged. Share your faith journey and encourage your children to do the same.
- Teach Forgiveness: Emphasize the importance of forgiveness within the family. Just as Jesus’ blood cleanses us from sin, teach your children the power of forgiveness and reconciliation in family relationships.
- Live Authentically: Be transparent with your family about your struggles and victories in your walk with God. Show them that being in the light means being honest about your imperfections and seeking growth.
- Prioritize Family Time: Spend quality time with your spouse and children. This builds fellowship and strengthens bonds within the family unit. Include prayer, Bible study, and meaningful discussions in your family time.
- Serve Others Together: Encourage your family to engage in acts of service and kindness in your community. Being a light in the world involves reaching out to those in need and showing Christ’s love through your actions.
- Strengthen Marital Unity: Prioritize your relationship with your spouse, as a strong marriage is a foundation for a strong family. Aim to be a source of support, love, and encouragement for each other.
- Promote Truth and Integrity: Uphold honesty and integrity in all your dealings. Teach your children the importance of truthfulness and ethical behavior in a world that often lacks it.
- Pray Together: Foster a habit of family prayer. Seek God’s guidance and protection as a family, and teach your children the significance of relying on Him in all circumstances.
- Share the Gospel: Encourage your family to be active witnesses of their faith. Show them that walking in the light means sharing the good news of Jesus with others, both in word and deed.
Incorporating these applications of 1 John 1:7 into your life as a dad will not only strengthen your family but also help you radiate God’s light into the world. Remember that being a light involves not only what you say but how you live your life day by day.