With humility and gentleness, I gave my wife and daughter into His hands as their journey began last Friday. As we start this new day, change has taken place again and our home is a bit emptier. My wife made it home from a cross-country trek, driving one way and flying home the other. God is so good as He provided protection over my family as He does to ensure they made it to their destinations on time and safely. My hope and trust are in Him and I lift them all up daily to Him asking that His hand lead and guide them and protect them as they pursue His will.
Therefore, Trust God enough to give everything you have into His hands! Furthermore, Trust God enough to ask Him for protection and provision for you and your family in order to be able to accomplish His plans and purposes! Finally, Trust God enough to pursue His will daily!
Let’s be the dads who live a life worthy of the calling to which we have been called. Specifically, let’s strive to live a life that exhibits godly character, moral courage, personal integrity, and mature behavior—a life that expresses gratitude to God for your salvation. Moreover, let’s be the dads who consciously choose to live lives with all humility, forsaking self-righteousness! Additionally, let’s be the dads who embrace lives of gentleness while maintaining self-control. Furthermore, we should decide to live our lives with patience, bearing with one another in unselfish love!
So how can we put today’s verse of the day from Ephesians 4:1-2 into practice so as to become the dads our wives, kids, and world need in alignment with God’s calling, purpose, and plan for our lives?
Applications of Ephesians 4:1-2 towards becoming the dads God is calling us to be for our wives, kids, and world:
- Embrace God’s Calling: Recognize that being a father is a divine calling and responsibility from God. Approach this role with reverence and gratitude.
- Live with Humility: Cultivate a humble attitude towards yourself and others. Acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses, and be willing to learn and grow.
- Practice Gentleness: Demonstrate tenderness and kindness in your words and actions. Show gentleness, especially during challenging moments with your family.
- Exercise Patience: Be patient with your family members, understanding that growth and change take time. Avoid reacting impulsively to situations.
- Show Unconditional Love: Love your wife and children unconditionally, just as God loves us. Let love be the foundation of your interactions with them.
- Be Forgiving: Forgive and seek forgiveness when necessary. Foster an environment of grace and understanding within your family.
- Lead by Example: Set a positive example for your family by living out the values and principles you wish to instill in them.
- Prioritize Quality Time: Make time to connect with your wife and kids regularly. Engage in meaningful conversations and activities together.
- Communicate Openly: Foster open communication within your family. Encourage your spouse and children to express their thoughts and feelings freely.
- Nurture Spiritual Growth: Lead your family in spiritual matters. Pray together, study the Bible, and attend church as a family, nurturing a deeper relationship with God.
By applying these principles in your life as a father, you can align yourself with God’s calling and become the dad your family and the world need, positively impacting their lives and reflecting God’s love and character.