We are at the midweek point today as I write this and so we are faced with a decision time that will impact how we finish the week. The choices are before us between our schedules, our workload, and other demands of us and our time. Keep first things first to ensure you have the right priorities and finish the good works God has prepared in advance for you to accomplish.
What decision time are you facing today?
Do you have family decisions? Is it a financial decision? Do you have work decisions? How will you decide? Where will you turn to help you make the right decision? How will you know if it is the right thing to do?
Therefore, let us, as fathers, aspire to make choices that are truthful, considerate, and of high moral fiber. Moreover, our decisions ought to align with the teachings of God and promote purity and wholesomeness. Furthermore, we must prioritize decisions that foster peace and admiration, and strive for excellence and recognition. Additionally, we must make it a top priority to uphold these values and ensure they remain at the forefront of our thoughts and emotions. Finally, when decision time comes, we need to evaluate our choices against God’s Word!
So how can we apply today’s verse of the day towards being the dads God created, purposed, and is calling us to be for our wives, kids, and world?
Applications of Philippians 4:8 helping us when decision time comes so that we do the right thing for the sake of our relationships with God, our wives, our kids, and this world:
- Truthfulness: Prioritize honesty and transparency in your interactions. Model integrity for your children and be open with your wife, fostering trust in your relationships.
- Nobility: Strive to exhibit honorable behavior in your actions and decisions. Teach your children the importance of respect, kindness, and treating others with dignity.
- Righteousness: Make choices that are morally upright and just. Display a strong moral compass to guide your children’s understanding of right and wrong.
- Purity: Guard your heart and mind against impure thoughts, actions, and influences. Maintain a healthy and faithful relationship with your spouse, setting an example for your children.
- Loveliness: Create an atmosphere of love and harmony within your family. Seek ways to express affection and appreciation to your spouse and children, fostering a warm and caring environment.
- Admirability: Lead by example in your actions and character. Strive to be a role model for your children and someone your wife can look up to with admiration.
- Excellence: Pursue excellence in your responsibilities as a father and husband. Commit to continuous personal growth, learning, and improvement to provide the best for your family.
- Praiseworthiness: Make decisions that bring honor and glory to God. Prioritize spiritual growth and encourage your family’s faith journey, setting a standard of worship and devotion.
- Positive Thinking: Cultivate a positive and optimistic mindset, even in challenging situations. Teach your children resilience and the importance of finding silver linings.
- Mindful Choices: When facing decisions, pause and reflect on whether your actions align with the virtues mentioned in Philippians 4:8. Consider how your choices will impact your relationship with God, your wife, your kids, and the world.
Incorporating these applications into your daily life will help you become the father and husband that God created you to be. By consistently practicing these virtues, you’ll contribute to a loving, nurturing, and uplifting family environment while positively impacting the world around you.