As this morning begins, I pray to God for blessings and protection over my family.
As my oldest child embarks on a new journey that will span years, I pray that God will grant her the wisdom and discernment she needs. May she be blessed and protected throughout her journey. I also pray favor over her so that she can get where she needs to be without issues or concerns.
As a storm approaches Florida, I pray for the safety and blessings of my other daughter. I am so glad to know they know Jesus and that they are walking out of their faith in Him right where they are.
I trust God to bless and protect my wife and son’s journeys today.
Blessings and Protections because of Jesus:
Therefore, let’s be the dads who raise our kids by example of acknowledging and confessing with our mouths that Jesus is Lord. Moreover, let’s be the dads who lead our families recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God. Finally, let’s be the dads who show and model that we believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead and live with the blessings and protections of knowing we are saved!
So how can we apply today’s verse of the day in a way that asks God for blessings and protection over our wives and kids? What can we think, say, or do to be the dads God needs us to be for the sake of our wives and kids so that they can walk in His blessings and protection in each of their journeys and adventures?
Applications of Romans 10:9 that will help us be the dads who live our lives in ways that allow God to bless and protect our families:
Romans 10:9 is a powerful verse that emphasizes the importance of confessing with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believing in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead for salvation. While this verse might not directly address family blessings and protection, its principles can certainly be applied to how you approach your role as a father and your desire to seek God’s blessings and protection for your wife and children. Here’s how you can apply Romans 10:9 in a way that reflects on your role as a father:
- Confession of Faith: Just as Romans 10:9 calls for confessing faith in Jesus, openly express your faith and trust in God’s guidance, blessings, and protection over your family.
- Prayer: Regularly pray for your wife and children, asking God for His blessings, guidance, and protection in their lives.
- Lead by Example: Believe in the resurrection power of Christ and live out your faith through your actions, demonstrating the transformation that comes from a relationship with God.
- Teach and Instruct: Teach your family about the significance of believing in Jesus and the importance of a personal relationship with God.
- Cultivate a Godly Atmosphere: Create an environment at home that encourages faith, love, and openness to God’s work.
- Scriptural Foundation: Base your family’s values and decisions on biblical principles, letting the Word of God guide your choices.
- Encourage Confession: Encourage your wife and children to openly share their faith and struggles, fostering an environment of openness and growth.
- Strengthen Relationships: Strengthen your relationships within the family, emphasizing love, respect, and unity, reflecting the love of Christ.
- Safeguard from Harm: Protect your family not only physically, but also spiritually by equipping them with the tools to resist negative influences.
- Passionate Pursuit: Approach your role as a father with the same passion and commitment that comes from knowing Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Blessings and Protection through living God’s Will
Remember, applying these principles is not a formula for manipulating God into blessing and protecting your family, but rather a way to align your heart and actions with His will. God’s blessings and protection come from a genuine relationship with Him, characterized by faith, love, and obedience. As you seek to be a father who lives out Romans 10:9, you’ll naturally create an environment where God’s blessings and protection can flourish in the lives of your wife and children.