Yearning means a strong and passionate desire for something or someone, especially something that is difficult to attain or far away. It implies a deep and heartfelt longing that motivates one to seek earnestly and persistently. Yearning also conveys a sense of emotional intensity and spiritual hunger that reflects the attitude of seeking God with all one’s heart.
Where are you today? What is it that you are yearning for? Do you want it bad? How much are you willing to seek it and invested to find it?
Yearning for your family
How about in your relationship with God? Moreover, what about your relationship with your wife? Additionally, where are you in your relationship with your kids? Are they where you would want them to be? Could they be in a better place? If so, are you ready to lean in on God and ask Him to show you the path to take to help bring healing, restoration, forgiveness, hope, love, and joy?
Could today be the beginning of something incredible? Furthermore, are you ready to do something big about that yearning inside of you? Take a step and invite Jesus into your heart to be Your Lord and Savior! Additionally, invite the Holy Spirit into the situation to be your comforter and guide, so that by His wisdom and discernment, you can begin the journey home! Therefore, make today count!
Firstly, as fathers, let us make seeking God our top priority today. Secondly, may our longing for Him be so strong that we cannot imagine life without Him. Finally, remember that God has promised to reveal Himself to those who seek Him with all their hearts.
So how can we apply today’s verse of the day towards being the dads God created, planned, and purposes for us to be for our wives, kids, and world?
Applications of Jeremiah 29:13 on becoming the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be:
- Prioritize Your Relationship with God: Seek God wholeheartedly through prayer, reading the Bible, and attending worship services. By growing in your faith, you’ll gain wisdom and guidance in your role as a father.
- Lead by Example: Show your family what it means to seek God by actively living out your faith in your daily life. Demonstrate qualities such as love, forgiveness, patience, and humility.
- Be Present and Engaged: Spend quality time with your wife and kids, actively listening and participating in their lives. Be emotionally available and supportive.
- Study the Scriptures Together: Engage in family devotions or Bible studies to foster a spiritual connection within the family and instill biblical values in your children.
- Pray for and with Your Family: Pray regularly for your wife and children, and pray together as a family. Encourage your kids to share their hearts with God.
- Teach and Mentor: As a father, you have a significant role in shaping your children’s spiritual foundation. Teach them about God’s love, grace, and truth, and help them understand the importance of seeking Him.
- Model Humility and Repentance: Admit your mistakes and seek forgiveness when you fall short. Show your family the importance of seeking reconciliation with God and others.
- Serve Others as a Family: Demonstrate the value of serving others in need. Engage in charitable activities or community service together as a family, showing Christ’s love in action.
- Encourage Your Family’s Gifts and Talents: Recognize and support the unique gifts and talents of your wife and children, encouraging them to use these abilities for God’s purposes.
- Be a Loving Husband: Love your wife sacrificially, just as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25). By nurturing a strong and loving relationship with your spouse, you create a foundation of security and stability for your children.
Remember, being the dad God intends you to be is a journey that requires continuous seeking, learning, and growing in your relationship with Him. The more you seek God with all your heart, the more equipped you will be to fulfill your role as a loving and godly father for your family and make a positive impact on the world around you.