To live to the full requires a choice! Living to the full is a promise we can choose to receive. Inviting Jesus into your life takes faith and receiving the promise and purpose that He came the first time! Don’t be fooled by the devil but instead accept the gift of grace from God through Jesus who shared this:
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].John 10:10
So the devil comes to tempt you in order to steal, kill, and destroy you. However, Jesus comes to lead and guide you so that you can have life and have it in abundance, to the full, and even till it overflows. So today you have a decision to make as a dad. Be filled with God and not by stuff! Stop trying to fill the void that God can only fill by collecting stuff!
Live to the full by feeding from God’s Word
Firstly, let’s be the dads who choose to spend time in God’s Word in order to be filled to overflowing with the fountain of life! Secondly, let’s be the dads who know we can’t live by bread alone! Finally, let’s be the dads who trust in God for we know that to truly live we require every word that comes out of the mouth of God!
So how can we apply today’s verse of the day to help us to be the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be?
Applications of Matthew 4:4 towards becoming the dads God created, planned, and purposes for us to be for our wives, kids, and world!
- Prioritize Spiritual Nourishment: Just as we need physical food to survive, we must prioritize feeding our souls with God’s Word daily. Regular Bible study and prayer will strengthen our faith and relationship with God.
- Lead by Example: Demonstrate the importance of seeking God’s guidance by being a role model for your family. Let them see your commitment to living out the Word of God.
- Teach and Share: Share biblical wisdom and principles with your family. Take opportunities to teach them valuable lessons found in Scripture and how to apply them in daily life.
- Be Intentional: Purposefully seek God’s direction in all aspects of fatherhood. Invite His wisdom into parenting decisions, family activities, and conflicts.
- Stay Grounded in Truth: With the vast amount of information available, it’s essential to discern and filter everything through the truth of God’s Word. This will enable you to make wise choices and guide your family accordingly.
- Encourage Family Devotion: Foster an environment of family devotion, where you collectively engage in reading the Bible and discussing its lessons. This will strengthen your family’s spiritual bond.
- Lean on God’s Strength: Rely on God’s strength and guidance to fulfill your role as a father. Pray for wisdom, patience, and understanding in challenging situations.
- Promote Love and Grace: Emulate God’s love and grace in your interactions with your family. Show them forgiveness and acceptance, just as God does for us.
- Engage in Community: Be involved in a faith community where you can receive support, encouragement, and accountability in your role as a father.
- Cultivate Gratitude: Be thankful for the privilege and responsibility of being a father. Gratitude will fuel your desire to grow and be the best dad possible.
By applying these principles from Matthew 4:4, you can align your life with God’s purpose for fatherhood and positively impact the lives of your wife, kids, and the world around you. Remember that being a godly father is an ongoing journey of growth and learning, so lean on God and His Word as your ultimate guide.