Is your focus on today and missing out on the big picture? Are you focused on the wants of today, compromising for temporary things or that will last forever? Why not focus on God and His purpose and plan for your life so you can not only focus on things that will last the day but rather forever? Decide to choose faith, hope, and love which will last forever! Decide to pour into the lives of others because their souls will last forever and point them to Jesus so they will live into eternity with God rather than apart from Him! Since we don’t know what tomorrow will bring, let’s choose to do things that will make a difference in eternity!
‘Yet you do not know [the least thing] about what may happen in your life tomorrow. [What is secure in your life?] You are merely a vapor [like a puff of smoke or a wisp of steam from a cooking pot] that is visible for a little while and then vanishes [into thin air]. ‘James 4:14
Living today with a focus on forever:
- Pray for people and share the gospel with them (Romans 10:1; 1 Peter 3:15).
- Serve people and meet their needs with generosity and compassion (Galatians 5:13; Hebrews 13:16).
- Encourage people and build them up with words of truth and grace (Ephesians 4:29; 1 Thessalonians 5:11).
- Forgive people and seek reconciliation with them when they hurt us or offend us (Colossians 3:13; Matthew 5:23-24).
- Bear with people and support them when they are weak or struggling (Romans 15:1; Galatians 6:2).
These are some of the ways that we can demonstrate our faith by our works (James 2:18), express our hope by our conduct (1 Peter 1:13), and prove our love by our actions (1 John 3:18). By doing so, we will glorify God and store up treasures in heaven (Matthew 5:16; Matthew 6:20).
Therefore, with God as our example, let’s be the dads who live to imitate our Heavenly Father by being and doing good! Firstly, let’s be the dads who show mercy towards others! Secondly, let’s demonstrate lovingkindness towards others! Finally, let’s be the dads who are faithful to our wives, kids, and the world!
So how can we apply today’s verse of the day to be the dads our wives, kids, and the world need us to be in order to bring God praise, honor, and glory forever?
Focusing on forever, ways to apply Psalms 100:5 to be the dads that our wives, kids, and the world need us to be:
- Thank the Lord every day for his goodness and love, and teach our children to do the same.
- Trust in the Lord’s faithfulness and promises, and encourage our families to rely on him in all circumstances.
- Reflect the Lord’s mercy and kindness to our wives, kids, and others, and show them forgiveness and grace when they make mistakes.
- Share the Lord’s truth and word with our families and friends, and help them grow in their knowledge and understanding of him.
- Worship the Lord with joy and gratitude, and invite our families to join us in singing praises and praying to him.
- Serve the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and model for our families what it means to be obedient and faithful to him.
- Love the Lord above all else, and demonstrate to our families how to love him with all their being.
- Honor the Lord with our lives, actions, words, and thoughts, and inspire our families to do everything for his glory.
- Seek the Lord’s will and guidance in everything we do, and consult with our families before making important decisions.
- Celebrate the Lord’s goodness and faithfulness in every season of life, and rejoice with our families in his blessings and provision.