As we wake up and the sun is rising, let’s make the decision to live out today with love and shining our light bright! Let’s receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior and allow His love to overflow out of us into the lives of our wives, kids, and the world around us! Let’s reject remaining in the darkness, running into things, bumping into the things we can see, and choose God so that our eyes will be opened for us to see! Today let’s start our days in God’s Word which is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path!
Therefore, let’s be the dads who turn to and return to God because He has rescued us and drawn us out of the dominion of darkness! Similarly, let’s be the dads who because we’ve been saved and drawn to God walk in this new kingdom that belongs to Jesus into which we have been transferred by having received Jesus as our Lord and Savior!
So how can we apply today’s verse of the day towards becoming the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be? How can we put into play today’s verse of the day towards being the dads God created, purposed, and planned for us to be? Don’t give up or lose hope, being the dads our families need is going to require consistent effort and so let’s choose to live our lives in alignment with the Word and will of God!
Applications of Colossians 1:13 that will help us walk in light and love to be the dads we are supposed to be:
- Recognize God’s rescue: Acknowledge that God has rescued you from darkness, sin, and brokenness. Grasp the depth of His love and grace in saving you.
- Be intentional in your faith: Develop a personal relationship with God through prayer, reading His word, and seeking spiritual growth. This will enable you to walk in the light and lead your family spiritually.
- Lead by example: Model Christ-like behavior in your actions, speech, and interactions with others, showing your family what it means to be followers of Christ.
- Love unconditionally: Embrace the love God has for you and extend it to your wife and children. Love them unconditionally, just as God loves you.
- Be patient and forgiving: Understand that everyone makes mistakes, including you. Be patient with your family’s shortcomings and quick to forgive, just as God forgives us.
- Foster a positive atmosphere: Create a loving and supportive home environment where your family feels safe and encouraged to grow in their faith and individual pursuits.
- Nurture open communication: Be a good listener and communicate openly with your spouse and children. Encourage them to share their thoughts, feelings, and struggles without judgment.
- Prioritize family time: Make time for your family amidst your busy schedule. Engage in activities together, pray together, and attend church services as a family.
- Be a protector: Protect your family physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Shield them from harmful influences and lead them toward God’s truth and wisdom.
- Serve others: Demonstrate a servant’s heart by being involved in acts of kindness and service within your community. Encourage your family to join you in serving others.