How are you feeling today? Are you feeling worried or anxious? Don’t allow your feelings to rule your life! Wait for God with confidence as He will give you strength and courage! Ever heard the lyrics “strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord“? Ever realize where those lyrics come from? Let’s first take a look at Isaiah 40:31 and then pause to listen to a song to pour into us today!
‘But those who wait for the L ord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] Will gain new strength and renew their power; They will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising toward the sun]; They will run and not become weary, They will walk and not grow tired.’Isaiah 40:31
Here is another song about waiting on the Lord and how He’ll renew our strength:
Ways to wait for and confidently expect God to show up
For example, when we are facing challenges or struggles at home, at work, or some other part of life, we need to turn to God and wait for and confidently expect Him to show up! Firstly, let’s not be anxious about anything but instead through prayer and supplication make our cares known to God! Secondly, let’s cast our cares upon God because we know that He cares for us! Finally, let’s remember how when we wait upon the Lord He will renew our strength, so we can be strong and take heart and choose to live bold and courage! So don’t worry or fear, wait for and confidently expect the Lord to show up!
So how can we use today’s verse of the day to help us be the dads God created, purposed, and plans for us to be? Remember, waiting can be challenging, but through it, you can develop the qualities and character necessary to be the father God intended you to be. Trust in His plans, seek His guidance, and allow His strength and courage to sustain you throughout this journey of fatherhood.
Ways to wait for God and the benefits we learn through Psalms 27:14 and God’s Word:
- Trust in God’s timing: Understand that waiting is not a passive act but an active choice to trust in God’s perfect timing for your life and your role as a father.
- Seek God’s guidance: While waiting, spend time seeking God’s guidance and wisdom through prayer and meditation. Ask Him to reveal His plans for you as a father and to give you the strength and courage to fulfill them.
- Study God’s Word: Dive into the Scriptures, particularly passages that provide guidance on fatherhood and parenting. Allow God’s Word to shape your understanding and actions as a father.
- Embrace patience: Waiting requires patience, and as a father, cultivating patience is essential. Use the waiting period as an opportunity to develop patience in your interactions with your wife, children, and others.
- Practice self-reflection: Take time to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses as a father. Identify areas where you need growth and improvement, and use the waiting period to work on developing those qualities.
- Foster humility: Recognize that waiting can be humbling. Embrace humility by acknowledging your limitations and seeking help when needed. Allow God to mold and shape your character during this waiting process.
- Build a support network: Surround yourself with a community of like-minded fathers who can offer support, encouragement, and accountability. Share your struggles and successes, and learn from one another’s experiences.
- Be present in your family’s life: While waiting, be fully present in the lives of your wife and children. Invest time and energy in building strong relationships with them. Engage in activities that foster bonding and create lasting memories.
- Cultivate gratitude: Develop an attitude of gratitude during the waiting period. Appreciate the blessings in your life and the lessons learned through the waiting process. Gratitude helps shift your focus from impatience to contentment.
- Serve others: Use the waiting period as an opportunity to serve others, both within your family and in the wider community. Show love, kindness, and compassion to those around you, reflecting the qualities of a godly father.