Where you focus is where you will go. Consider your aim and where you are looking as your focus determines your direction. Focus makes all the difference in all aspects of our lives. When we focus on the right things, they become clearer to us!
What are you focusing on? How is it impacting your performance? What about your perspective? Is impacting the direction you are going? Consider the implications on your destination.
Firstly, let’s be the dads who have received Jesus into our lives and are choosing to live a new life. Secondly, let’s be the dads who are sharing in the resurrection of Jesus from the dead! Thirdly, let’s be the dads who are seeking the things of God, the things that are above in heaven with Jesus! Finally, let’s be the dads who are focused on Jesus who is sitting at the right hand of the Father in heaven, interceding for us and our wives and our kids!
So how can we apply this to our lives as dads and put today’s verse of the day into practice on a continuous basis?
Applications of today’s verse of the day to help us focus on being the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be:
- Seek spiritual growth: Prioritize your relationship with God by investing time in prayer, Bible study, and spiritual disciplines. Nurture your own faith so you can lead your family spiritually.
- Set your heart on heavenly things: Cultivate an eternal perspective in your life. Focus on values such as love, forgiveness, humility, and service, rather than getting caught up in material possessions or worldly achievements.
- Lead by example: Be a role model of integrity, character, and godliness for your children. Live out the values you want to instill in them and demonstrate Christ-like behavior in your actions and words.
- Prioritize family time: Make intentional efforts to spend quality time with your wife and children. Engage in activities that foster connection, communication, and mutual growth. Create a loving and nurturing home environment.
- Be involved in your children’s lives: Take an active interest in your children’s hobbies, education, and friendships. Show up for their activities, listen to their concerns, and provide guidance and support.
- Love and cherish your wife: Practice sacrificial love toward your wife, just as Christ loved the church. Treat her with respect, kindness, and affection. Invest time and effort into nurturing your marital relationship.
- Be a positive influence: Extend your fatherhood role beyond your immediate family and positively impact the world around you. Engage in acts of service, mentorship, and community involvement. Be a source of encouragement and support to others.
- Teach biblical principles: Ground your parenting in biblical truth. Teach your children God’s Word, helping them understand its relevance and application in their lives. Equip them with a firm foundation of faith.
- Practice forgiveness: Cultivate a forgiving and reconciling spirit in your interactions. Teach your children the importance of forgiveness, both seeking it and extending it to others.
- Pray for guidance and wisdom: Regularly seek God’s guidance through prayer. Ask for wisdom in your role as a father, and trust in His leading as you navigate the challenges and joys of parenting.