Happy Today! This is the day that the Lord has made so I will rejoice and be glad in it! Facing challenges and wondering what to do? The quick answer is to turn to God! Just as we are to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, when we are facing a challenge, we need to turn to God! Cast your cares upon God because He cares for you! Just as the prodigal son eventually realized trying to go it alone, trying to buy friends, finally get to the end of the line and need to turn back to the father, we need to turn to God, our Heavenly Father!
Firstly, no matter what you are facing, Jesus is the answer! Secondly, no matter the challenges, Jesus is the answer! Finally, no matter the cause, Jesus is the answer! So are you ready to turn to Jesus and invite Him into the situation to help you face the challenge, even if it seems to be a giant? Are you ready to obey God and like David vs Goliath find victory in and through God?
Firstly, let’s be the dads who trust God because we know that He is good! Secondly, let’s be the dads who turn to God in our days of trouble because He is our strength and stronghold! Finally, let’s be the dads who turn to God in the midst of our troubles because He knows, recognizes, cares for, and understands fully us because we take refuge and put our trust in Him!
So what can we do when faced with troubles, trials, challenges, and obstacles? How can we apply today’s verse of the day to help us be the dads that God created, planned, and purposed us to be for our wives, kids, and world?
Applications of Nahum 1:7 to be the dads our wives, kids, and world need even when we face challenges
- Seek refuge in God: Remember that God is your ultimate refuge and source of strength. When facing difficulties, turn to Him for comfort, guidance, and support.
- Trust in God’s goodness: Remind yourself of God’s character and His inherent goodness. Trust that He has your best interests at heart and will provide for you and your family.
- Cultivate trust in God: Build and strengthen your faith in God by consistently seeking a deeper relationship with Him. Trust that He is in control, even when circumstances seem overwhelming.
- Lean on God’s care: Recognize that God cares for you and your family. Surrender your worries and concerns to Him, knowing that He is attentive to your needs and will provide for you.
- Practice resilience: Difficulties are a part of life, but with God as your refuge, you can face challenges with resilience. Allow your trust in God to strengthen you, enabling you to persevere through trials and emerge stronger.
- Be an example: Demonstrate to your children the importance of trusting in God during tough times. Show them how to seek refuge in Him and rely on His care. Your example can shape their faith and provide them with a solid foundation.
- Foster an atmosphere of trust: Create an environment in your home where trust in God is encouraged and nurtured. Encourage open conversations about faith, pray together as a family, and reinforce the message of God’s goodness and care.
- Pray for wisdom: In times of trouble, seek wisdom from God. Ask Him for guidance on how to handle the challenges you face as a father. Pray for discernment and clarity in decision-making.
- Offer support: Extend God’s care to your spouse, children, and others in need. Be there for your family, providing emotional, spiritual, and practical support. Show them God’s love through your actions.
- Share your testimony: As you navigate difficulties and experience God’s faithfulness, share your testimony with others. By sharing how God has been your refuge and source of strength, you can inspire and encourage fellow fathers facing similar challenges.