This last week I was out of commission dealing with COVID and today I consider what unlocking my worth looks like. It took me offline and the question that came to mind was “Does it matter?”. All of a sudden, the streak was broken and did anyone even notice? Was there enough material for anyone who happened to go looking? Was there anyone who realized that there was radio silence? Have you ever considered the impact of isolation?
What about the impact of not having actual relationships with people in person but only messages (chat, slack, SMS texts), or could video conferencing make up for it (Facetime, Zoom, Teams, Meets)? How are you making the most of your life when it comes to speaking the truth in love into the lives of others?
Would you think it would be ok to have a marriage that was about text messages, video conferencing, and not physical contact or encounters? Would you think it would be ok to have a family where the only means of communication would be text messages and video conferencing? I doubt it would make the bar. So if we want to be the dads God created, purposed, and planned for us to be then we are going to need to be making the effort to be present. So how can we unlock our full potential and full worth and be the dads God created, purposed, and plans for us to be?
Firstly, let’s be the dads who put our trust in God because we know He is always with us. Secondly, let’s be the dads who in the midst of waves and the stream are not overwhelmed because God is with us! Finally, let’s be the dads who in the midst of the fire lean in on God so that we are not consumed because God is with us!
How can we apply today’s verse of the day to be the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be?
Unlocking God’s Word to be the dads God created, purposed, and planned for us to be for our wives and kids:
- Embrace your identity: Recognize that you are precious and honored in God’s sight. Understand that being a father is part of your divine calling and purpose.
- Seek God’s guidance: Approach the Word of God with a humble and teachable heart. Seek His wisdom, guidance, and direction in your role as a father.
- Study the Scriptures: Regularly engage in studying and meditating on God’s Word. Gain insights and practical guidance on parenting, leadership, love, and character development.
- Prioritize quality time: Invest quality time with your wife and children. Be present, actively listen, and engage in meaningful conversations that nurture their hearts and build strong relationships.
- Lead by example: Model godly character and virtues in your words, actions, and decisions. Show love, patience, kindness, and integrity to inspire and guide your family.
- Pray for your family: Dedicate specific times to pray for your wife and children. Pray for their well-being, growth, protection, and spiritual development.
- Teach biblical principles: Share biblical truths and principles with your family. Use the Word of God as a guide for decision-making, problem-solving, and addressing life’s challenges.
- Create a spiritual atmosphere: Foster an environment where faith and spirituality thrive. Encourage regular family devotions, worship, and participation in church activities.
- Express love and affirmation: Regularly express your love, appreciation, and affirmation to your wife and children. Encourage and uplift them through your words and actions.
- Walk in faith: Trust in God’s promises and rely on His strength as you navigate the joys and challenges of fatherhood. Lean on His grace and wisdom to be the dad He intended you to be.
Remember, applying Isaiah 43:1 is an ongoing process. Seek God’s guidance, rely on His grace, and be open to growth and transformation as you fulfill your role as a father.