Do you realize that God’s ways are better than our ways? God’s ways are higher than our ways! So today let’s turn to God’s Word and pursue His will for our lives! Let’s choose to do it God’s way!
God’s Way: It’s higher and better than our way!
‘“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord . “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts higher than your thoughts. For as the rain and snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth, Making it bear and sprout, And providing seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So will My word be which goes out of My mouth; It will not return to Me void (useless, without result), Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. For you will go out [from exile] with joy And be led forth [by the Lord Himself] with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thorn bush the cypress tree will grow, And instead of the nettle the myrtle tree will grow; And it will be a memorial to the L ord , For an everlasting sign [of His mercy] which will not be cut off.”’Isaiah 55:8-13
Firstly, let’s ask God to teach His will and how to do it so that we will be pleasing to Him! Secondly, let’s invite the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us on level ground! Finally, let’s The time is now! Rally the troops! Train them!
So how can we live our lives in alignment with today’s verse of the day as dads and what would it look like in application?
How we as dads can choose to do it God’s Way:
- Seek God’s guidance: As dads, we need to be humble and open to God’s direction in our lives. We should regularly seek His guidance through prayer, reading His Word, and seeking wise counsel.
- Submit to God’s will: We should strive to align our will with God’s will and be willing to surrender our desires and plans to Him.
- Model godly behavior: Our children learn from our example, so we need to strive to model Christ-like behavior in our words, actions, and attitudes.
- Teach our children about God: We have a responsibility to teach our children about God and His ways, both by our example and by sharing His Word with them.
- Create a culture of faith in our homes: We should foster an environment in our homes where faith is valued and practiced, such as through regular family devotions and prayer.
- Love our wives sacrificially: As husbands and fathers, we are called to love our wives sacrificially, just as Christ loves the church.
- Be present and engaged with our children: Our children need our time, attention, and affection. We should be intentional about being present and engaged in their lives.
- Discipline with love: Discipline is an important part of parenting, but it should always be done in love and with the goal of helping our children grow and mature.
- Serve our communities: We can be a positive influence in our communities by serving others and sharing the love of Christ.
- Pray for our families and the world: We should regularly lift up our families and the world in prayer, asking God to guide, protect, and bless them.