Ever heard about where the words that come out of your mouth come from? Do you realize the importance of allowing Jesus to clean your heart and for you to protect and guard your heart? What are you filling your heart with? As a result, could the words that you are speaking be the warning lights on your dashboard of life meaning check heart? Consider what we find in Matthew 12:34:
‘You brood of vipers, how can you speak good things when you are evil? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. ‘Matthew 12:34
Invite Jesus into your heart
So today we need to invite Jesus into our hearts and ask Him to help clean up the place! Ask the Holy Spirit to help us get rid of things that shouldn’t be there and replace them with things that are good. Let’s choose to forgive so that we can uproot bitterness, anger, and frustration and replace them with love, hope, and joy. We need to guard our hearts or else it will get impacted by the words, thoughts, and deeds we speak, think, and do.
Today’s Verse of the Day:
As dads, we need to be watching over our wives and our kids too so that if or when we see things that are getting to their hearts and causing harm we can help speak life and truth in love to them and over them to help them also be able to guard their hearts diligently. Let’s be the dads who watch over our hearts with diligence because we know that everything flows out of it! Our hearts keep us alive and so we need to guard it from negativity and impurities.
So what can we do and how can we put today’s verse of the day into practice as dads? Are there things we can do or say to help protect the hearts we have and that our wives and kids have so that they will be able to have pure, loving, and truthful thoughts, words, and actions pouring out of our lives and their lives?
Ways to put today’s verse of the day into practice as dads to protect our families’ hearts:
- Seek God first – Make your relationship with God your top priority, and seek Him in all areas of your life. When your heart is aligned with His will, it will be easier to guard it from harmful influences.
- Keep a positive attitude – Choose to focus on the good things in life and be grateful for what you have. A positive attitude can help protect your heart from negative thoughts and emotions.
- Avoid harmful influences – Stay away from people, places, and things that can negatively impact your heart and the hearts of your family.
- Practice forgiveness – Holding onto grudges and bitterness can damage your heart and relationships. Practice forgiveness, both for yourself and others, to keep your heart healthy and whole.
- Cultivate healthy relationships – Surround yourself with people who build you up and encourage you in your faith, family, and other areas of your life.
- Protect your mind – Be intentional about what you allow into your mind, including what you watch, read, and listen to. Guarding your mind can help protect your heart from negative influences.
- Practice self-care – Take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally. When you prioritize your own well-being, you’ll be better equipped to care for the hearts of your family.
- Invest in your marriage – Take time to strengthen your relationship with your wife. A strong marriage can be a source of stability and support for your entire family.
- Be present with your kids – Spend quality time with your children and be fully present with them. Building strong relationships with your kids can help protect their hearts as well as your own.
- Live with purpose – Make choices that align with your values and priorities. When you live with purpose, you’ll be more intentional about protecting your heart and the hearts of your family.