Can you believe it, the entire law of God can be summarized with one love statement. Therefore, will you take up the calling to be the dad God created, purposed, and planned for you to be and to love in order to fulfill the law of God? For example, let’s be the dads who love our wives, our kids, and our neighbors so as to accomplish the law of God in and through our lives!
Therefore, Love is the answer and the way!
Remember how there are two laws Jesus said were top? Firstly, love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and strength. Secondly, he said it was equally important to love our neighbors as ourselves. Moreover, today’s verse of the day speaks to us about the human relationship portion and how all the laws related to living on this planet with others are summarized and fulfilled in this one law. Let’s be the dads who choose to live our lives to fulfill the laws of God first by loving the Lord with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our strength; leaning not on our own understanding but trusting Him and acknowledging Him in all our ways! Additionally, let’s choose to live our lives with generosity rather than selfishness and self-centeredness! Let’s choose to live our lives looking out for others and their benefits!
So what do we do or how do we accomplish this? To put it another way, how can we put today’s verse of the day into practice as dads? What are practical ways to apply Galatians 5:24 and show our love for God and our love for our neighbors – including our wives, kids, and the world around us?
How to apply today’s verse of the day to how we live our lives as dads:
- Love your wife sacrificially – just as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25). This includes showing her respect, kindness, and affection daily.
- Spend quality time with your kids – create a culture of laughter, learning, and love in your home. This could include playing games, reading books, or having intentional conversations with them.
- Listen attentively to your family members – make a conscious effort to listen to their concerns, interests, and needs. Show empathy and offer support.
- Serve your family – look for opportunities to serve and help your wife and kids with their chores, projects, or tasks. This could include cooking meals, doing laundry, or fixing things around the house.
- Encourage and affirm your family members – let them know how much you appreciate them and how proud you are of their accomplishments. Offer words of encouragement and affirmation daily.
- Be a peacemaker – seek to resolve conflicts peacefully and respectfully. Teach your kids how to handle disagreements in a healthy way.
- Practice forgiveness – forgive your family members when they hurt you or make mistakes. Model forgiveness and reconciliation in your relationships.
- Be a role model – live a life that is consistent with your values and beliefs. Show your family how to live a life of love, compassion, and integrity.
- Show hospitality – open your home and heart to others. Welcome friends, neighbors, and strangers with warmth and kindness.
- Be a positive influence in your community – look for ways to make a difference in your community. Volunteer at your church or a local charity, donate to a worthy cause, or mentor a young person.