Do you remember what God’s Word tells us about having found our wives? ‘The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord. ‘ (Proverbs 18:22) Remember when we spoke of priorities for our lives as dads how it was to be God, our wives, our kids, and then everything else? And God’s Word tells us to honor our mother for it comes with a promise that all will go well with us. (‘“Honor your father and mother.” This is the first commandment with a promise: ‘ – Ephesians 6:2)
So today let’s be the dads who celebrate the mothers in our lives!
How to encourage our kids’ mother
Firstly, celebrate your wife’s strength and dignity! Secondly, reinforce that her position is solid and secure! Finally, rejoice and celebrate how she smiles at the future because you know that she and her family are prepared!
So how can we apply today’s verse of the day to our wives and mothers that will help reinforce our marriages and families?
Ways to apply Proverbs 31:25 to be the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be:
- Develop strength of character – strive to be a man of integrity, who does what is right even when it’s difficult.
- Build emotional resilience – learn to handle stress and setbacks in a healthy way, without lashing out at others or retreating into yourself.
- Show respect and dignity – treat your wife and children with honor and respect, valuing their opinions and feelings.
- Cultivate a positive outlook – model optimism and hope, even in the face of challenges and difficulties.
- Practice self-care – take care of your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs so that you can be the best version of yourself for your family.
- Develop a sense of humor – learn to laugh at yourself and life’s ups and downs, and teach your children to do the same.
- Encourage and uplift – use your words to build up your wife and children, and speak words of life and encouragement to those around you.
- Be a wise teacher – share your wisdom and knowledge with your family, guiding them in the ways of God and the ways of the world.
- Live by faith – model a vibrant faith in God, trusting in His provision and guidance for your family.
- Invest in your relationships – spend quality time with your wife and children, building strong bonds and creating lasting memories.