Final destination, would you choose weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth or having your tears wiped away? Would you choose to receive your second chance today or wait till later and discover it is too late? We all have free will and so get to choose for ourselves our final destination. Knowing that the wages of sin is death and that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God will you stay there or make the decision of your life and receive the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
As the dad, how is the way you are choosing to live speaking to your wife and kids? Be the dads whose choices in life speak love, truth, and hope to your wife and kids! Point your family to Jesus so that you will get to spend eternity with them in heaven with God!
The Final Destination with full context for today’s verse of the day:
‘Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away (vanished), and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, arrayed like a bride adorned for her husband; and then I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “See! The tabernacle of God is among men, and He will live among them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them [ as their God, ] and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be death; there will no longer be sorrow and anguish, or crying, or pain; for the former order of things has passed away.” ‘Revelation 21:1-4
Firstly, let’s be the dads who will spend eternity with God! Secondly, let’s be the dads who are God’s people! Finally, let’s be the dads who will have their tears wiped away and no longer need to deal with sorrow and anguish or crying or pain because we have been transformed and the old has passed way in our final destination!
So how can we do it, what will it take or look like for us to choose the final destination where we spend eternity with God based on today’s verse of the day?
Applications of today’s verse of the day to help us be the dads who pick and help our families choose the right final destination?
- Study and Meditate on Scripture: Take the time to study and reflect on the Bible, including Revelation 21:1-4. Understand its message and how it applies to your role as a father.
- Prioritize Your Relationship with God: Cultivate a deep and personal relationship with God through prayer, worship, and spiritual disciplines. Seek His guidance in your life, including your role as a husband and father.
- Love and Cherish Your Wife: Embrace the biblical command to love your wife sacrificially, just as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25). Show her respect, kindness, and affection, nurturing a strong and loving relationship.
- Be a Spiritual Leader: Take responsibility for leading your family spiritually. Pray together, read the Bible as a family, and encourage your children’s faith journey.
- Foster a Loving and Godly Environment: Create a home where love, grace, forgiveness, and compassion flourish. Teach your children about God’s love and grace and demonstrate it in your interactions with them.
- Teach and Model Godly Values: Instill biblical values such as honesty, integrity, compassion, forgiveness, and humility in your children. Let your actions align with your beliefs, providing a godly example for them to follow.
- Spend Quality Time Together: Make intentional efforts to spend quality time with your family. Engage in activities that foster bonding, conversation, and shared experiences. Show interest in their lives and actively listen to them.
- Encourage Emotional Well-being: Provide a safe and nurturing environment where your children can express their emotions. Offer support, guidance, and affirmation, helping them navigate life’s challenges.
- Be Patient and Practice Grace: Recognize that parenting can be challenging at times. Be patient with your children, allowing them to grow and learn from their mistakes. Extend grace and forgiveness when needed, just as God does for us.
- Share the Hope of Eternal Life: Teach your children about the hope of eternal life and the promises found in Revelation 21:1-4. Help them understand that living a life centered on God’s principles can lead to a future spent together in God’s presence.