As this morning begins and I prepare for the day ahead, I can confidently stand that my kids are in God’s hands. I receive His peace as I give my kids into His hands for his purposes! Even when He gives them wings to soar into the sky, I find peace in and through Him! I embrace Him because I know I can trust Him because He loves them even more than me.
Individual purpose to soar
He’s giving each one their own divine wings to soar with. Each child with their own skills and talents that help encourage and reinforce God’s goodness into and through each of their lives. So peace be with you, no matter what God calls your kids to step up, step in, and step thru in their lives!
Soar into God’s calling and purpose in your life
It’s incredible to see my oldest daughter soar and even have her group ask her to pray before they went into their final test. Amazing to see my younger daughter soar as she flew across the country and took on a collegiate academic and athletic program. Awe-inspiring to get to see my son soar as he finishes out his second year of high school and chooses to go to a technical college to pursue an AA in auto mechanics and High School degree in parallel. God has great and different plans for each of their lives. Yet, He wants them to go into the world knowing Him and making Him known to the world around each of them.
Soar as the temple of the Holy Spirit
Firstly, let’s be the dads who realize that we are the temple of God and that the Holy Spirit permanently dwells within us! Secondly, let’s be the dads who realize that our wives are the temple of God and that the Holy Spirit permanently dwells within them! Finally, let’s be the dads who realize that our kids are the temple of God and that the Holy Spirit permanently dwells within each of them!
So how can the reality of today’s verse of the day help us to live the lives we should be as dads? Remember, applying these principles requires intentionality, reliance on God’s strength, and consistent commitment to growing in your own faith.
Applications of today’s verse of the day to becoming the dads God created, purposed, and planned for us to be:
- Cultivate a God-centered home: Create an environment where the presence of God is evident through prayer, worship, and Scripture. Prioritize spiritual growth and fellowship within your family.
- Lead by example: Model a life that reflects the indwelling of the Holy Spirit by demonstrating love, patience, kindness, and self-control. Show your family what it means to live according to God’s standards.
- Nurture spiritual growth in your children: Teach and guide your kids in understanding their identity as temples of the Holy Spirit. Encourage them to develop a personal relationship with God and to seek His guidance in all aspects of life.
- Prioritize family unity: Foster strong relationships with your spouse and children, promoting harmony, forgiveness, and open communication. Work together as a family to maintain the sacredness of the Holy Spirit’s presence.
- Protect your family’s spiritual well-being: Safeguard your family from negative influences and temptations that can compromise their spiritual growth. Be vigilant in monitoring the media, friendships, and activities that impact your household.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of grace and forgiveness: Embrace the truth that we all fall short and make mistakes. Offer forgiveness and extend grace, teaching your family to rely on the Holy Spirit’s power to transform and restore.
- Seek wisdom from God: Lean on the Holy Spirit for guidance and discernment as you make decisions for your family. Pray for wisdom in leading and shepherding your children in a manner that honors God.
- Foster a culture of prayer: Encourage regular prayer within your family, both individually and collectively. Teach your children to rely on the Holy Spirit through prayer, recognizing His presence and power in their lives.
- Engage in intentional discipleship: Take an active role in discipling your children, equipping them with biblical knowledge, and helping them develop personal faith. Walk alongside them as they grow in their relationship with God.
- Embrace the Holy Spirit’s transformation: Recognize that as a temple of the Holy Spirit, you are continually being sanctified and transformed. Allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life, shaping you into the father God intends you to be.