As we consider our faith and develop big faith in God, we need to step forward into Jesus’s commandment to not let our hearts be troubled. So let us put our hope and our trust in God, no matter what comes our way because we know that God is greater than our problems. Before we have a chance to get agitated or troubled, let us turn to and apply God’s Word so that our faith gets built up and trust God. Don’t allow your emotions and feelings to get in the way of your faith or the lies and negative talk of the devil to cause doubt or unbelief in God.
Benefits of Big Faith
Firstly, our wives, kids, and world need us to have big faith because stuff happens. Having big faith will allow us to stand firm when attacks and troubles come our way. Secondly, our faith will us to take heart when we face troubles of many kinds! Finally, our faith will allow us to consider pure joy when we face trials of many kinds because we persevere and allow perseverance to finish its work to help us be complete and lacking nothing.
Today’s Verse of the Day:
Today’s verse of the day speaks about the need for living with big faith
Let’s start with the command to help us live. Firstly, choose to believe confidently in God and trust in Him! Secondly, choose to have faith and hold onto it, rely on it, and keep it going! Finally, choose to believe in Jesus! Now that your heart is in the right place, do not let your heart be troubled, afraid, or cowardly! No matter what comes our way, let us choose to remember that God is so much greater and bigger than our problems and so let us keep our focus on Him!
So how can we put these truths and commands from today’s verse of the day into practice as dads that will benefit our wives, kids, and world?
Applications of today’s verse of the day for dads to live by:
- Provide reassurance and comfort: As Jesus reassured His disciples, be a source of comfort and assurance for your family. Show them love, support, and encouragement, especially during difficult times.
- Lead by example: Just as Jesus exemplified humility, selflessness, and love, strive to be a role model for your family. Display integrity, kindness, and compassion in your actions and words.
- Foster trust: Jesus emphasized the trust His disciples should place in Him. Build trust with your spouse and children by being reliable, keeping your promises, and demonstrating your faithfulness.
- Nurture faith: Encourage spiritual growth in your family. Share your beliefs, engage in meaningful discussions, and create an environment where questions and doubts are welcomed. Support your loved ones in their personal spiritual journeys.
- Cultivate open communication: Jesus emphasized the importance of clear communication with His disciples. Foster open and honest communication within your family. Create an atmosphere where everyone feels heard and valued, and make time for meaningful conversations.
- Create a loving home: Jesus promised His disciples a place in His Father’s house. Create a loving and welcoming home for your family, where they feel safe, accepted, and loved. Show affection and express your love regularly.
- Provide guidance and wisdom: Just as Jesus guided His disciples, be actively involved in your children’s lives. Offer guidance, wisdom, and support as they navigate challenges and make decisions. Be a source of stability and help them develop a strong moral compass.
- Encourage growth and development: Jesus motivated His disciples to go and bear fruit. Support your family members in their personal growth and development. Encourage them to pursue their passions, set goals, and work towards becoming the best version of themselves.
- Practice forgiveness and reconciliation: Jesus emphasized forgiveness and reconciliation with God. Foster an environment of forgiveness within your family, teaching the importance of apologizing, seeking forgiveness, and extending grace to one another.
- Be a peacemaker: Jesus left His peace with His disciples. Strive to be a peacemaker in your family and the world around you. Encourage understanding, resolve conflicts with love and compassion, and promote harmony in your relationships.