I remember when I started saying and being the “Happy Today” guy at work and then everywhere I went. I remember setting the bar or expectations for when it could be “Happy Today”. Firstly, I needed to be alive. Secondly, no matter what happened. As long as those two things were met then today would be “Happy Today”, a day to live with a thankful heart!
As I did a search this morning, I found Happy Today: A Guided Journal to Genuine Joy: Lucado, Max: 9781400217243: Amazon.com: Books – was trying to see if my Happy Today Calendars site would be near the top or now. So today as we prepare for our day, let’s allow the joy of the Lord to be our strength! Let’s make the choice to make today a Happy Today, by choice. We know we can do this because we are alive. It’s possible to consider it pure joy when we face trials of any kind and so no matter what happens Happy Today!
Today’s Verse of the Day:
Firstly, let’s be the dads who live thankfully today because of God’s goodness. Secondly, let’s be the dads who give thanks to God today for He is good. Finally, let’s give thanks to God for His lovingkindness that endures forever!
How can we live today to the fullest?
How can we apply today’s verse of the day to our lives as dads and pour it back into our families?
- Cultivate a daily gratitude practice: Take time each day to reflect on the blessings in your life, and express gratitude to your wife and kids for their love and support.
- Show affection and appreciation: Regularly demonstrate your love and appreciation to your wife and children through kind words, thoughtful gestures, and acts of service.
- Prioritize family time: Set aside dedicated time to spend with your family, whether it’s a weekly family game night or a regular date night with your spouse.
- Celebrate milestones and achievements: Celebrate your family’s accomplishments, big and small, and show genuine excitement and joy for their successes.
- Be present and engaged: Put away distractions and be fully present when spending time with your family, listening actively and engaging in conversation.
- Encourage and uplift: Encourage your family members to pursue their dreams and passions, and provide support and encouragement along the way.
- Model a positive attitude: Maintain a positive and optimistic attitude, even during challenging times, and help your family see the good in every situation.
- Express forgiveness and grace: Extend grace and forgiveness to your family members when they make mistakes, and seek to repair any hurt or damage caused.
- Serve and give back: Look for opportunities to serve and give back to your family and community, modeling a spirit of generosity and selflessness.
- Live with an eternal perspective: Remember that ultimately, our greatest source of joy and thankfulness is found in our relationship with God, and seek to live each day with an eternal perspective, grounded in faith and gratitude.