So today you are given the opportunity to hear an offer. What’s more, the offer is to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior. As a result, will you accept the free offer? Furthermore, what is being offered is salvation through the grace and love of God. Therefore, the choice is how we will respond with our free will. Equally important, it will make a difference and help us to be the dads God created and purpose for us to be.
Today’s Verse of the Day:
Let’s expand on this more and finish the thought:
‘For the [remarkable, undeserved] grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to reject ungodliness and worldly (immoral) desires, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives [with a purpose that reflect spiritual maturity] in this present age, awaiting and confidently expecting the [fulfillment of our] blessed hope and the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who [willingly] gave Himself [to be crucified] on our behalf to redeem us and purchase our freedom from all wickedness, and to purify for Himself a chosen and very special people to be His own possession, who are enthusiastic for doing what is good. ‘Titus 2:11-14
How to respond to the offer of remarkable and underserved grace:
Firstly, let’s be the dads who accept the offer of salvation through Jesus by God’s grace. Secondly, let’s be the dads who reject ungodliness and immoral desires, and learn from salvation’s lessons. Thirdly, let’s be the dads who receive this offer and live sensible, upright, and godly lives reflecting maturity. Fourthly, let’s be the dads who expect the fulfillment of our blessed hope in Christ Jesus. Finally, let’s be the dads who have a living relationship with Christ Jesus and enthusiastically do good.
Today’s verse of the day is a powerful truth and one we need to accept and walk forward in to be the dads.
Here are some ways to apply today’s verse of the day to be the dads our wives, kids, and the world need us to be:
Receive the offer from God and be the dad your wife, kids, and world need:
- Accept the free gift of salvation from God by faith.
- Live with gratitude and recognize the gravity of the grace given to us.
- Embrace a godly lifestyle and turn away from ungodliness and worldly desires.
- Let the Holy Spirit guide you in all areas of life, including your role as a father.
- Model Christ-like behavior and values intentionally to your children.
- Show love and respect to your wife, treating her as an equal partner in your marriage.
- Seek out wise counsel from other men who are further along in their spiritual journey.
- Stay accountable to your faith community, and allow them to correct and challenge you.
- Serve others and share the gospel with those around you using your influence and resources.
- Live with a sense of urgency, knowing that Christ’s return is imminent, and our time on earth is limited.