The choice of a wife impacts the rest of your life. For those of us who are already married, we should. For those of you who are dating or searching for a wife, realize that having the right criteria will make a world of difference. Every year I get to read from Proverbs 18:22, I reflect on how blessed I am to have the wife I have. It reminds me of important my choice of a wife was and is to my future.
He who finds a [true and faithful] wife finds a good thing And obtains favor and approval from the LORD.Proverbs 18:22 (Amplified Translation)”>Proverbs 18:22 (AMP)
Today’s verse of the day helps us realize how important our choice of a wife is:
When you are choosing do you have charm and grace on your criteria list? Are you digging deeper than the superficial qualities of beauty that are vain? Do your criteria start with looking for a godly woman so that you can be equally yoked?
Checkout what 2 Corinthians 6 has to say about being equally yoked when it comes to a choice of a wife:
‘Do not be unequally bound together with unbelievers [do not make mismatched alliances with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership can righteousness have with lawlessness? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial (Satan)? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said: “I will dwell among them and walk among them ; And I will be their God, and they shall be M y people . So come out from among unbelievers and be separate ,” says the Lord, “A nd do not touch what is unclean ; And I will graciously receive you and welcome you [with favor], And I will be a Father to you, And you will be My sons and daughters,” Says the Lord Almighty.’2 Corinthians 6:14-18
It’s even interesting when you do searches and find articles about being equally yoked and how even in the secular world, the articles speak to “Why It’s Crucial To Be Equally Yoked In A Marriage“.
Going back to our verse of the day and the right choice of a wife:
Firstly, when your choice of a wife begins with a woman who fears the Lord by reverently worshiping, obeying, serving, and trusting Him with awe-filled respect, you are on the right track. Similarly, It speaks to the opportunity that you are finding a wife who can be a Proverbs 18:22 and 2 Corinthians 6:14 wife.
Ok dads, as we have been doing lately through our daily verse of the day studies, let’s look for ways to apply it.
Applying Proverbs 31:30 to help us be a dad as well as in our choice of a wife:
Being a Dad
- “Teach your children to value character over external appearance. Help them understand that physical beauty is not as important as inner beauty and godly character.”
- “Encourage your children to look for friends who value inner beauty and godly character. This will help them form strong relationships with people who will be a positive influence in their lives.”
- “Show your children that you value your spouse for her inner beauty and godly character. This will help your children understand what is truly important in a spouse.”
- “Teach your children to respect and honor women who fear the Lord. This will help them develop healthy relationships with women throughout their lives.”
- “Model the behavior you want your children to adopt. If you value inner beauty and godly character, make sure your behavior reflects those values.”
Choosing a Wife:
- “Look for a woman who fears the Lord. A woman who is committed to living a life that honors God will be a great partner for you in your own journey of faith.”
- “Consider a woman’s character over her external appearance. While physical attraction is important, it should not be the most important factor in choosing a spouse.”
- “Look for a woman who values her relationship with God. This will help ensure that you both have a strong foundation for your marriage.”
- “Seek the advice and guidance of trusted friends and family members. They may be able to offer insights into a woman’s character and suitability as a spouse.”
- “Take the time to get to know a woman before making a commitment. Don’t rush into a relationship or marriage without taking the time to truly understand the person you are considering as a partner for life.”