The dreams might seem dangerous and so teach him to talk with a soothing tongue for it is a tree of life. Dreams might look uncertain so teach him to be wise like a serpent and gentle like a dove. We need to turn to God and get Him to help us guide our parenting choices and responses.
Seeing dreams thru the challenges and struggles
As a dad, it may be hard to see your children struggling. We might see challenges or struggles that will be required for them to chase after their dreams but does that mean they shouldn’t or that it will be worth it? Let’s lift up our kids today and help them to pursue their dreams by trusting God and knowing that if God is for them nothing can be against them.
Pursing Dreams God’s Way
We need to consider God’s ways which are better and higher than our ways. Let’s be the dads who send out kids into the world not to judge or condemn the world but with hearts of love and purpose. Choices will come up every day and so we need to lean on God for wisdom and discernment to choose wisely. Yes, in this world we will face trials but God calls us to consider it pure joy. So persevere so that when perseverance finishes its work we will be complete and lacking nothing.
So just because it is going to be hard doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try or keep our kids from trying. Let’s trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. Choose in all our ways acknowledging Him so that He can show us the path to take! Because it is going to be hard might mean it’s going to be worth it.
What can we learn from today’s verse of the day when it comes to raising our kids to pursue their dreams?
Applications of how to be the dads based on today’s verse of the day as it relates to our kids pursuing dreams:
- Encourage your children to pursue their dreams: John 3:17 teaches us that God sent His son into the world to save it, not to condemn it. As a dad, you can follow this example by encouraging your children to pursue their dreams and helping them to achieve their goals.
- Provide support and guidance: Just as God provided His son to guide us, you can provide support and guidance to your children as they navigate the challenges of pursuing their dreams.
- Celebrate successes: When your children achieve their dreams, celebrate their successes with them. Acknowledge their hard work and perseverance, and let them know how proud you are of them.
- Teach perseverance: Pursuing dreams can be a long and difficult journey, and your children will likely face setbacks and obstacles along the way. Teach them the importance of perseverance, and encourage them to keep working towards their goals.
- Lead by example: If you have pursued your own dreams and achieved success, share your experiences with your children. Let them know that you understand the challenges they face and that you believe in them.
- Foster a positive mindset: Encourage your children to maintain a positive mindset, even when they face challenges. Help them to focus on the progress they have made and the potential for future success.
- Be a listening ear: Listen to your children when they share their dreams and goals with you. Show genuine interest in what they have to say, and offer advice and support as needed.
- Provide opportunities: Look for ways to provide your children with opportunities to pursue their dreams, whether it be through classes, workshops, or other experiences.
- Foster creativity: Encourage your children to be creative in pursuing their dreams. Help them to think outside the box and find unique solutions to the challenges they face.
- Pray for guidance and wisdom: Finally, pray for guidance and wisdom as you support your children in pursuing their dreams. Ask God to give you the wisdom and discernment you need to be a supportive and loving dad.