Every day we are faced with choices. How you choose to respond makes a difference. Do you realize there are decisions you make today that will impact your final destination? Moreover, some of those decisions will impact your wives and children. So choose wisely!
Let’s consider this truth and reality as we review today’s verse of the day.
As a result, we need to be the dads who choose to follow Jesus! Furthermore, we need to set aside our selfish interests and desires and choose to endure whatever comes our way following after Jesus in faith and conforming to His example of living life. Therefore, let’s choose eternal life over temporary life where we give up our lives for and to Jesus so that we can spend eternity with Him in heaven! As Luke continues, what value is there to gaining wealth, fame, and success in this phase of life and ending up losing his soul, his eternal life with God?
Consequences of choices
‘For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world [wealth, fame, success], and loses or forfeits himself? ‘ Luke 9:25
Consequently, let’s choose to be the dads who love Jesus and walk by faith rather than falling away because of the lies of the devil and walk ashamed of Jesus when we should be walking in joy, taking heart, and being overcomers in and through Jesus in this life!
How can we apply today’s verse of the day to be the dads our wives, kids, and world need us to be?
Applying how we make choices based on today’s verse of the day as dads:
- Deny yourself: “Sometimes as a dad, you may have to sacrifice your own desires for the sake of your family. It’s important to recognize when this is necessary and to do so willingly.”
- Take up your cross daily: “Just like Jesus carried his cross, as a dad, you will face challenges and difficulties. It’s important to approach them with a willingness to persevere and a willingness to seek help when needed.”
- Follow Jesus: “As a Christian dad, following Jesus should be at the center of all your decisions. Seek His guidance through prayer and Bible study.”
- Recognize the value of your life: “Your life is valuable, and as a dad, you have a responsibility to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually.”
- Be willing to lose your life: “This doesn’t mean you should be reckless with your life, but it does mean that you should be willing to put yourself in uncomfortable or even dangerous situations if it means doing what is right for your family or others.”
- Prioritize your family: “Your family should be a top priority in your life. This means making time for them, providing for them, and being there for them when they need you.”
- Embrace sacrifice: “Sacrifice is often necessary as a dad. This may mean giving up your own desires or comfort for the sake of your family or others.”
- Be willing to admit when you’re wrong: “As a dad, you will make mistakes. It’s important to be humble enough to admit when you’re wrong and to seek forgiveness from those you’ve hurt.”
- Lead by example: “Your kids are watching you and will often model their behavior after yours. Make sure you’re setting a good example by making wise choices and living a life that honors God.”
- Be open to growth and change: “No one has all the answers, and as a dad, you’ll always have room to grow and learn. Be open to new ideas and perspectives, and be willing to make changes as needed to become a better dad and person.”