Are you going through life and finding barriers and walls? Facing opposition and those who are against you? Do you realize if you have the right partner who is for you nothing can stand against you? Are you allying yourself with the right person? Are you listening to the right person? Let’s be the dads who turn to God’s Word to see what He says!
Today’s Verse of the Day:
Let’s reflect on where that comes from so that we can receive it and embrace what God is telling us!
Additional context of God’s victory in and through you because He is for you:
‘In the same way the Spirit [comes to us and] helps us in our weakness. We do not know what prayer to offer or how to offer it as we should, but the Spirit Himself [knows our need and at the right time] intercedes on our behalf with sighs and groanings too deep for words. And He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because the Spirit intercedes [before God] on behalf of God’s people in accordance with God’s will.
And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose. For those whom He foreknew [and loved and chose beforehand], He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son [and ultimately share in His complete sanctification], so that He would be the firstborn [the most beloved and honored] among many believers. And those whom He predestined, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified [declared free of the guilt of sin]; and those whom He justified, He also glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity].
What then shall we say to all these things? If God is for us, who can be [successful] against us? He who did not spare [even] His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against God’s elect (His chosen ones)? It is God who justifies us [declaring us blameless and putting us in a right relationship with Himself]. Who is the one who condemns us? Christ Jesus is the One who died [to pay our penalty], and more than that, who was raised [from the dead], and who is at the right hand of God interceding [with the Father] for us. Who shall ever separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? Just as it is written and forever remains written, “For Your sake we are put to death all day long ; We are regarded as sheep for the slaughter .” ‘Romans 8:26-36 – Our Victory in Christ
Takeaways from Romans 8:26-36:
We are more than conquerors through Christ who strengthens us! We are victorious because Jesus has already won the victory! Even when we don’t know what to say or how to pray about a situation, our Spirit does and prays for us! Furthermore, God has a plan for each of us so that we are able to walk in the confidence of knowing that He will work all things for our good because we love Him and are called according to His plan and purpose! So let’s lean into this and choose to walk in the Spirit and by the Spirit! In addition, let’s choose to receive the hope we have in and through Jesus because in and through Him we are chosen and justified through our faith in Him! Therefore, grab hold of the reassurance and encouragement that comes to us today through God’s Word.
Putting today’s verse of the day into practice as dads because God is for you:
- Trust in God’s love and faithfulness: “As a dad, it’s important to trust in God’s love and faithfulness, knowing that He is always with you and will never leave you or forsake you.”
- Don’t be afraid to take risks: “If God is for you, who can be against you? This means you can step out in faith and take risks, knowing that God will guide and protect you.”
- Be a source of encouragement: “Encourage your children to trust in God’s love and faithfulness, reminding them that they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them.”
- Pray for your family: “As a dad, you have the privilege of praying for your family and asking God to bless and protect them.”
- Prioritize your relationship with God: “Make your relationship with God a priority, spending time in prayer, Bible study, and worship on a regular basis.”
- Model faith and trust: “Your children will learn from your example, so be intentional about modeling faith and trust in God in your daily life.”
- Seek wise counsel: “Surround yourself with wise and godly men who can offer you guidance and support as you seek to follow God’s will for your life and family.”
- Take responsibility for your actions: “As a dad, take responsibility for your actions and apologize when you make mistakes. This will teach your children the importance of humility and accountability.”
- Love your wife: “Love your wife as Christ loved the church, sacrificing your own desires and needs for her well-being.”
- Be a servant leader: “Follow the example of Jesus, who came not to be served but to serve. Be a servant leader in your home, putting the needs of your family before your own.”