To find real peace doesn’t require avoiding people and life but rather leaning into God! It’s more about what is going on inside than outside and so to find true peace, requires having the Holy Spirit living in you and trusting in God! From the overflow of the Spirit, we find the peace that surpasses all understanding!
Firstly, let’s choose to pray rather than worry. Secondly, let’s instead of being anxious about everything choose to pray about everything. Finally, the peace that surpasses all understanding!
Before we jump into our verse for today, let’s consider the three types of peace:
Peace of God:
The peace of God refers to the inner peace that is a fruit of the Holy Spirit and is experienced by believers as they grow in their relationship with God. It is a deep sense of calmness and contentment that comes from living in the right relationship with God, knowing that His grace is sufficient for us in all circumstances.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.Psalm 91:1 — The New International Version (NIV) (biblia.com)
Peace with God:
Our natural tendencies put us at odds with God and as such try to create a barrier to finding peace with God! With that said, you may ask “What does it mean to have peace with God?”
Peace with God refers to the reconciliation that takes place between God and humanity through faith in Jesus Christ. It is a state of being in which we are no longer at enmity with God because of our sin, but have been made right with Him through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. It is a peace that transcends our circumstances and is available to all who put their trust in Jesus Christ.
Peace from God:
Peace from God refers to the peace that comes from God as a gift, which surpasses human understanding and is available to all who believe in Him. It is a sense of tranquility and calmness that comes from knowing that God is in control and that we are loved and forgiven.
Let’s be the dads who can wait upon the Lord, being still and trusting in His will and His timing without fear or diffidence! Therefore, building a relationship with God out of faith and allowing Him to work in and through your life. Put your trust and confidence in God finding peace and assurance of everlasting peace through faith and an intimate relationship with God! Celebrating and exalting Him through knowing, recognizing, and understanding because of who He is and what He has, is, and will do!
Let’s consider how we can apply today’s verse of the day towards being the dads God created, purposed, and planned for us to be!
Finding the application of inner peace through today’s verse of the day:
- Make time for quiet reflection and prayer each day.
- Practice listening and being present with your family.
- Model a peaceful demeanor, even in stressful situations.
- Show your children how to find strength and refuge in God.
- Prioritize your relationship with God above other pursuits.
- Let go of control and trust in God’s plan for your family.
- Encourage your children to be still and listen for God’s voice.
- Cultivate a sense of gratitude for God’s blessings in your life.
- Create opportunities for your family to experience God’s peace in nature or through acts of service.
- Share your faith and the peace it brings with your children, helping them develop their own relationship with God.