People always look for sources to fill the void, the emptiness, that hole. Are you thirsting for something, what is your source? Are you hungry for something, what is your source? How do you satisfy your thirst? How do you help your hunger? Do you have a source that will benefit you?
Do you realize that Jesus is the answer? Do you realize He is the source we are needing to fill the void, the emptiness, and that hole in our lives?
‘Now on the last and most important day of the feast, Jesus stood and called out [in a loud voice], “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink! He who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Me], as the Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will flow continually rivers of living water.’ ” But He was speaking of the [Holy] Spirit, whom those who believed in Him [as Savior] were to receive afterward. The Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised to honor). ‘John 7:37-39
Have you had an encounter with Jesus? Are you in a living relationship with Jesus? Life isn’t about living rituals or routines but instead having a living relationship with God! God is offering us a free gift and all we have to do is receive it and then start to live! God’s plan is that we can have fulfilled lives where as the devil’s plan is to rob, kill, and destroy us.
So are you longing for God? Are you ready to be filled with His living water through a relationship with Jesus? Do you want to fill that hole? Do you want to fill that void? Are you willing to receive the one who is able to fill it completely? We all get the opportunity to choose and decide because it is an individual decision.
Let’s consider how we can take today’s verse of the day and apply it to our lives as dads!
As dads, let’s build our lives upon the Word of God and go from being hearers of the Word to doers of the Word.
Ways to be able to apply today’s verse of the day in our lives:
- Hunger for God: “Just as the deer pants for water, we should hunger and thirst for God in our lives. We can do this by prioritizing time with Him in prayer and reading the Bible.”
- Be an example: “We can model this thirst for God to our children, by showing them how we seek Him daily and lead by example.”
- Foster a love for God: “We can encourage our children to love God by sharing our own experiences and helping them grow in their relationship with Him.”
- Encourage prayer: “As dads, we can encourage our children to pray and teach them how to talk to God.”
- Read the Bible together: “We can read the Bible together as a family, discuss what we have learned, and apply it to our daily lives.”
- Attend church: “We can make attending church a priority and encourage our children to be involved in church activities.”
- Serve others: “We can show our love for God by serving others and teaching our children to do the same.”
- Share our faith:” We can share our faith with others, including our children and those around us, to help them understand our relationship with God.”
- Live out our faith: “We can live out our faith in our daily lives, treating others with love and respect, and being a witness to those around us.”
- Seek God in difficult times: “Just as the deer pants for water when it is thirsty, we should seek God in difficult times, trusting in Him to provide us with the strength and guidance we need to navigate challenges.”