Are you a people pleaser or a God pleaser? Are you trying to get the approval of men or of God? Are you trying to get the favor of men or of God? Are you trying to win a popularity contest with people?
Today’s Verse of the Day confronts us on this subject:
Let’s be the dads who realize that the Bible isn’t a book for educational purposes but something we can build our lives upon! Let’s be the dads who realize that God’s Word isn’t something we have to live under and try to attain something but rather something foundational on which we choose to build our lives! So instead of just reading to learn or to hear what God has to say, let’s be the dads who prefer to read God’s Word in order to learn how to apply it to our lives! Let’s build our lives on the Word of God!
Consider these applications from today’s verse of the day:
- Prioritizing God’s will: “This verse reminds us that as Christians, we should prioritize pleasing God over seeking the approval of others.”
- Living for Christ: “The verse also reminds us to live as servants of Christ, rather than as servants of people.”
- Staying true to one’s beliefs: “The verse encourages us to remain true to our beliefs and not compromise them for the sake of pleasing others.”
- Avoiding the influence of people: “The verse warns us against being influenced by people and instead, to follow the guidance of God.”
- Staying focused on God’s calling: “The verse reminds us to stay focused on God’s calling for our lives and not to get distracted by the opinions of others.”
- Avoiding conformity: “The verse cautions us against conforming to the world and instead, to remain faithful to God’s teachings.”
- Trusting in God’s plan: “The verse tells us that God has a plan for our lives and that we should trust in His plan rather than trying to please others.”
- Avoiding hypocrisy: “The verse reminds us to avoid hypocrisy and to live out our faith authentically.”
- Staying away from people-pleasing: “The verse advises us to stay away from people-pleasing and instead, to focus on pleasing God.”
- Living a life of obedience: “The verse encourages us to live a life of obedience to God and to be faithful servants of Christ.”
As we start our day, whether we read one verse that comes to us via text (from radio stations: The Daily Verse | SPIRIT 105.3 (spirit1053.com), Air1’s Verse of the Day for Feb 12, 2023 | Air1 Worship Music, K-LOVE’s Verse of the Day for Feb 12, 2023 | Positive Encouraging K-LOVE (klove.com)), from the Bible App, or somewhere else, let’s be the dads who choose to not only read it but study it and find ways to apply it for the benefit of our wives and marriages! Let’s be the dads who choose to not only read it but study it and find ways to apply it to benefit our kids and families! Let’s stop trying to live up to the standards or level of the Bible but instead choose for it to be a foundation on which we will build our lives! Let’s be the dads who switch from trying to live up to or measure up to the Word of God and instead choose to build and live our lives standing upon the Word of God as our foundation!