Love is an everyday thing and as we discussed yesterday, when we build our lives on God’s Word we realize that God is love and He calls us to love everyone. Remember when Jesus said about love compared to the world’s guidance?
‘ “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.’Matthew 5:43-48
So today, let’s choose to build our lives upon God’s Word, and as such let’s choose to make every day starting today be days when we love people! Let’s be the dads who love God, love our wives, and love our kids! Let’s love every person God sends into our path! So that people will see our good works and glorify our Father in Heaven!
Let’s consider what today’s Verse of the Day has to say about it.
Let’s be the dads who:
- “show love to our wives and children by spending quality time with them”!
- “encourage our wives and children and let them know that we believe in them”!
- “listen actively when our wives and children speak to us and show empathy for their feelings”!
- “are patient with our wives and children and don’t lose our temper easily”!
- “show respect to our wives and children by valuing their opinions and ideas”!
- “model kindness and generosity to our wives and children, both to them and to others”!
- “put our wives and children’s needs and interests before our own”!
- “apologize when you make mistakes and ask for forgiveness”!
- “provide a safe and stable home environment for our wives and children”!
- “support and affirm our wives in their role as a parent”!
Let’s go from being hearers of the Word to being doers of the Word because we know that building our lives on the Word of God works better than building it around the Word of God because the storms are going to come, it rains on the just and unjust, and so what matters is that we have a firm foundation on which we have built our lives, our marriages, and our families so that they will be able to withstand the storms!