Where are you today, is it time for a reset? Are you walking with God or apart from God? Do you realize it? Are you ready to turn back to God and have a reset? How long would it take you to discover where you are and that you need to turn back and return to God?
Consider the story of Gideon and how it took the people 7 years before they chose to return to God. How bad does it have to get? How long will you try to deal with it? What will it take for you to realize it is time for a reset?
7 years before a realization that they needed a reset
‘The Israelites did evil in the Lord ’s sight. So the Lord handed them over to the Midianites for seven years. The Midianites were so cruel that the Israelites made hiding places for themselves in the mountains, caves, and strongholds. Whenever the Israelites planted their crops, marauders from Midian, Amalek, and the people of the east would attack Israel, camping in the land and destroying crops as far away as Gaza. They left the Israelites with nothing to eat, taking all the sheep, goats, cattle, and donkeys. These enemy hordes, coming with their livestock and tents, were as thick as locusts; they arrived on droves of camels too numerous to count. And they stayed until the land was stripped bare. So Israel was reduced to starvation by the Midianites. Then the Israelites cried out to the Lord for help. ‘Judges 6:1-6
Let’s be the dads who won’t take 7 years before we choose to turn back to God and cry out to Him for help for ourselves, our wives, and our kids! Today let’s choose to turn to God rather than allow the devil to rob, kill, and destroy our marriages and our families. Will you cry out to God for help before it is too late? Could today be your turning point or waking point when you realize a reset is required?
Let’s be the dads who today choose a reset by:
- turning to God and crying out to Him not to banish us from His presence.
- crying out to God and asking Him not to take His Holy Spirit from us.
- praying for Him to restore us to the joy of the day of our salvation.
- praying for Him to help us to be willing to obey His commands and His will for our lives.
- praying for His wisdom and discernment to help us walk in obedience to His calling to be the dads that our wives, kids, and world need us to be!
God’s Word never returns void and can always be applied to our lives. As we consider today’s verse of the day, let’s ask God to help us find ways to apply this to our lives as dads!
Reset time – How to apply God’s Word to our lives as dads:
- Pray for God’s presence: “Dads can pray daily for God’s presence in their lives, asking for the Holy Spirit to guide them in their decisions and actions.”
- Seek restoration: “Dads can seek God’s restoration for any areas in their lives where they have fallen short or sinned, asking for forgiveness and grace.”
- Find joy in salvation: “Dads can focus on the joy of their salvation, remembering the gift of grace that they have received through Jesus Christ.”
- Foster a willing spirit: “Dads can work on cultivating a willing spirit, being open to God’s leading and guidance in their lives.”
- Live a life of obedience: “Dads can strive to live a life of obedience to God’s commands, following his will and purposes for their lives.”
- Seek Godly wisdom: “Dads can seek Godly wisdom and guidance in their parenting, asking for discernment in making decisions that honor God.”
- Practice humility: “Dads can practice humility, recognizing their own limitations and weaknesses, and relying on God’s strength and grace to sustain them.”
- Build meaningful relationships: “Dads can work on building meaningful relationships with their families and others, showing love, compassion, and empathy.”
- Be an example: “Dads can strive to be an example to their children, demonstrating a life of faith and trust in God.”
- Continuously grow in faith: “Dads can work on continuously growing in their faith, studying the Bible, attending church, and seeking fellowship with other believers.”