Do you realize the impact of unreliable friends? There is one who will stick closer than a brother? Do you realize the importance of a reliable and dependable friend?
We were never made to do this and go through life alone! God made us for relationships and community! Remember what God told Joshua?
‘Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified or dismayed (intimidated), for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” ‘Joshua 1:9
So when faced with a situation or a circumstance don’t worry about it, turn to God and grab hold of what we learn from Philippians 4:6 which says:
‘Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. ‘Philippians 4:6
and 1 Peter 5:6-7 that says:
‘Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God [set aside self-righteous pride], so that He may exalt you [to a place of honor in His service] at the appropriate time, casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully]. ‘1 Peter 5:6-7
Let’s be the dads who are a friend and have friends that:
- are in a community with one another.
- sharpen one another as iron sharpens iron by giving godly advice instead of good advice!
- walk with wise people rather than foolish so that we can hear from them what we need rather than what we want!
- have sincere friends who want more for us than from us!
Today’s Verse of the Day speaks to the importance of a friend that stick closer than a brother.
Let’s be the dads who are looking for:
- quality friends rather than a large number of friends.
- friends who are true and loving!
- reliable friends who stick closer than a brother!
So considering today’s verse of the day, let’s consider how we can apply God’s Word to our lives as dads!
Applications of friendship so that we can be the dads:
- Choose reliable and loyal friends!
- “As a dad, choose your friends carefully since they can have a significant impact on your life and your children’s lives.”
- “Teach your children the importance of choosing friends wisely and the dangers of having unreliable friends.”
- “Model good friendship behavior for your children by being a loyal and reliable friend to those you choose to befriend.”
- “Show your children how to cultivate strong friendships through loyalty, honesty, and mutual respect.”
- “Help your children understand the difference between healthy and unhealthy friendships and how to navigate difficult situations with friends.”
- “Encourage your children to choose friends who share similar values and interests, as these friendships are more likely to endure.”
- “Help your children recognize the warning signs of a toxic friendship and teach them how to distance themselves from unhealthy relationships.”
- “As a dad, be a friend to your children, showing them that you are there for them and will always be there to support and guide them.”
- “Model forgiveness and reconciliation in your friendships, showing your children the importance of forgiveness and the possibility of healing damaged relationships.”
- “Encourage your children to prioritize meaningful friendships over superficial ones, reminding them that true friendship is not about popularity or status, but about loyalty and love.”